Problems Installing IF-MIB into SunNet Manager

Problems Installing IF-MIB into SunNet Manager

Post by Eric Anderso » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to snmp still. I'm attempting to install IF-MIB into SunNet
Manager and I've been unsuccessful so far.

Here's what I've done:

1) Downloaded these files from ftp.cisco.com:

    /pub/mibs/schema/IF-MIB.schema
    /pub/mibs/oid/IF-MIB.oid

2) Copied the above files to $SNMHOME/agents

3) Reinitialized SunNet Manager using the following command:

    snm -i

4) Tested the new MIB by running a Quick Dump|IF-MIB|ifXTable on a Catalyst
5000 switch.

It never returns. The results window is blank. Have I missed a step?

Thank you,

Eric.