MIB OBJECT IDENTIFIER Question and Novell Desktop SNMP SDK

MIB OBJECT IDENTIFIER Question and Novell Desktop SNMP SDK

Post by Michael Wo » Thu, 21 Jul 1994 10:55:01

   Hi...I have a couple of questions.

   If I write a MIB for some special hardware, what should I define for
the OBJECT IDENTIFIER in my MIB?  I am currently using { experimental 36 }.
I'm not sure if I'll have it published...what should this be set to to
avoid any conflicts, if any?

   My next question is, has anybody used Novell's NMS SDK, which includes
the Desktop SNMP Services Interface Development kit?  If so, can one create
a group table with Desktop SNMP?  I know Netware SNMP provides it, but I
am using TCP/IP.  Also, I'm having a problem setting a SETTABLE INTEGER
object in a pointer table...I set it, but it will not set.  Any ideas?

   Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Mike
--
Michael Wong

University of Utah