Sunnet Network Manager Mibs and mib compiling

Sunnet Network Manager Mibs and mib compiling

Post by Bob Jaqu » Thu, 20 Jan 1994 17:02:59

Can someone tell how to compile mibs with sunnet network manager. Does it come
with a mib compiler or can one get compiled mibs.  I need the ethernet and
bridge mibs in compiled format for Sunnet manger v2.0

thanks

bob

Sunnet Network Manager Mibs and mib compiling

Post by Patrick Han » Fri, 21 Jan 1994 16:28:28

Quote:>Can someone tell how to compile mibs with sunnet network manager. Does it come
>with a mib compiler or can one get compiled mibs.  I need the ethernet and
>bridge mibs in compiled format for Sunnet manger v2.0

>thanks

>bob

SunNet Manager 2.0 have a mib compiler called mib2schema.
Here is a clip of the man page:

MIB2SCHEMA(1)            USER COMMANDS              MIB2SCHEMA(1)

NAME
     mib2schema - Translates MIB files to SunNet  Manager  schema
     files.

SYNOPSIS
     mib2schema mib_filename [schema_filename]

DESCRIPTION
     mib2schema translates MIB files for SNMP agents to the  for-
     mat required by SunNet Manager's agent schema files.

     MIB files must conform strictly to the RFC 1155 SMI ("Struc-
     ture   and  Identification  of  Management  Information  for
     TCP/IP-based internets").  MIB files must  also  conform  to
     the  subset of ASN.1 syntax specified in RFC 1155. MIB files
     may also include "Concise MIB Definitions" as  specified  in
     RFC  1212  and the TRAP-TYPE macro, as defined in "A Conven-
     tion for Defining Traps for use with the SNMP" (RFC 1215).

     mib2schema also generates two other files: a *.oid file  and
     a  *.traps file. The *.oid file is an object identifier file
     which contains a table of object identifiers and names. This
     file  is  to  be  used by the build_oid program. The *.traps
     file contains traps definitions; this file may or may not be
     generated,  depending on whether traps were specified in the
     MIB.

     It is important to note that mib2schema is  not  a  compiler
     for  MIB specifications. In fact, mib2schema expects the MIB
     specification to conform strictly to the SMI defined in  RFC
     1155  to  work  correctly.  However, mib2schema does perform
     some primitive error detections.  If  any  syntax  error  is
     reported,  mib2schema  aborts  immediately.  If warnings are
     detected, mib2schema generates  warning  messages  but  gen-
     erates the schema file anyway.

Hope this helps.

regs. Patrick

Patrick Hanel
Product specifications engineer

Nokia Telecommunications
P.O.Box 12
SF-02611 Espoo Finland

 Phone:    Tel.Int. + 358 0 51044927
 Telefax : Tel.Int. + 358 0 51044952

 mail(X.400)      : CO=FI,ADMD=ELISA,PRMD=NOKIA TELECOM,SU=HANEL,GI=PATRICK

Post by Bob Jaqu » Fri, 21 Jan 1994 18:10:32

>Subject: Re: Sunnet Network Manager Mibs and mib compili
>Date: 20 Jan 1994 07:28:28 GMT

a followup. We tried compiling 2 mibs - ethernet and bridge mibs from the
rfc's and both barfed.  Does anyone have the schema file for them or is
there a copy other than the rfc's fixed to run with mib2schema

thanks

bob

>>Can someone tell how to compile mibs with sunnet network manager. Does it come
>>with a mib compiler or can one get compiled mibs.  I need the ethernet and
>>bridge mibs in compiled format for Sunnet manger v2.0

>>thanks

>>bob

1. Apple and HP JetDirect enterprise mibs for SunNet Manager

Please Help me!

The mibs I have for the hpnp-m (for JetDirect laserwriter ethernet
interfaces) and apple enterprise mibs cannot be translated to .schema
-files by my version of sunetmanagers mib2schema. If anyone out ther
has these schema -files and the corresponding .oid files would you
please mail them to me or post them to this group. Please, I am desperate.

--

Leif Johansson                          Phone: +46 8 164541
Department of Mathematics               Fax  : +46 8 6126717

    <This space is left blank for quotational and disclamatory purposes.>

2. AI Faculty Positions at ISU

3. HP mibs in Sunnet Manager

4. Amstrad PDA600 Software.

5. IF-MIB and SunNet Manager.

6. FS: Sun IPX nases (in the UK)

7. Problems Installing IF-MIB into SunNet Manager

8. Modem stalls

9. Help with hp mib in SunNet Manager....

10. Help! MIB on cisco-router in SunNet Manager.

11. Evaluation (testing) of SunNet Manager network management tool---HELP

12. Narrowing discover networks in SunNet Manager?

13. Network Management - SunNet Manager and Synoptics Optivity