SNMP extension for tcl/tk?

Post by rhomb » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Someone had mentioned to me that there was a SNMP extension to TCL/TK.
I was wandering if anyone had heard of it or where can I find more info?

Thank you all in advance.

Georges J Parraud.

SNMP extension for tcl/tk?

Post by Tom Poindext » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Someone had mentioned to me that there was a SNMP extension to TCL/TK.
>I was wandering if anyone had heard of it or where can I find more info?

Scotty & Tkined: http://sol.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/ibr/projects/nm/
                 ftp://ftp.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/pub/local/tkined

*very* cool software

There are other one or two other packages; check the Tcl FAQ
at ftp://ftp.aud.alcatel.com/tcl/docs/

--
Tom Poindexter

http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex/                <-- and web page url (1/6/96)

SNMP extension for tcl/tk?

Post by Carl W. Kalbfleisc » Mon, 05 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> Someone had mentioned to me that there was a SNMP extension to TCL/TK.
> I was wandering if anyone had heard of it or where can I find more info?

These extentions are supported in ISODE and also products from SNMP
Research.  They are described in the book "How to manage your network
using SNMP" by Rose and McCloghrie.

Carl

--
Carl W. Kalbfleisch
Senior Software Engineer

SNMP extension for tcl/tk?

Post by SysOp no Centro de Operacoes de Red » Tue, 23 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Someone had mentioned to me that there was a SNMP extension to TCL/TK.
>I was wandering if anyone had heard of it or where can I find more info?

>Thank you all in advance.

>Georges J Parraud.

  Check out scotty, I use it every day to make network
management tasks.

        Good Luck!

Centro de Operacoes de Rede (CORE),
Instituto para o Desenvolvimento Tecnologico,
Instituto Politecnico do Porto, Porto, Portugal.
Tel: (02)8302554/5
Fax:     8302556

SNMP extension for tcl/tk?

Post by 55433-eric edberg(rer » Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone built an agent using scotty or ucd-snmp ?

I have spent one week looking a public domain snmp stuff
and like ucd-snmp and scotty but with the lack of documentation
find it hard to understand if one can build an agent simply
with these two packages.

Can anyone provide any link to documentation about snmp agents building
or sample code of agents using either of these two packages?

Eric Edberg
Lucent Technologies

SNMP extension for tcl/tk?

Post by Jan-Peter Richt » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00

If you want a well documented public domain toolkit to write SNMP agents,
check out Tu-munich's 'WILMA' at

        http://www.ldv.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/dist/WILMA/WHAT_IS_WILMA.html

for generation of an agent, you only need MibCompiler-1.3, SMI-1.1, SNMPt-1.6,
and mibc-1.4. mibII-1.3 may be helpful as a template. mmak-6.1 is a nice tool
but you have to understand how it works to adopt it to non-HP platforms.

It was my choice after looking around for about a week. Flaws found so far:

        - SNMPv1 only (I hope they are working on v2 support)

        - minor bug with GETNEXT operation on leaf nodes in the mib OID tree
          (I'm not really shure if it _is_ a bug but I had to fix a line
           to produce behaviour that is comparable to SunNM's SNMP agent)

WILMA is not a tcl/tk extension (see former subject).

        Jan-Peter Richter

Jan-Peter Richter                               Vogt-Koelln-Str.30
Universitaet Hamburg                            D-22527 Hamburg
Fachbereich Informatik                          Tel: +49 40 54715-344
Arbeitsbereich Rechnerorganisation              Fax: +49 40 54715-345

1. XRunner and tk (tcl extension)

Currently we are investigating the potential of automating the testing of
one of our applications which is written in tk-tcl. Possible viable solutions
being considered are QC/Replay and XRunner.

QC/Replay will not work as it uses an instrumented Xt library and works only
with Xt based applications.

I was wondering if XRunner would be compatible with tk-tcl. Anybody know?
If not can anybody suggest another product which would meet our needs.

thanks

tom

2. laptop freezes

3. Snmp interface for tcl/tk on Windows?

4. RTG Is Alive!

5. TCL/TK for SNMP RFC 1157

6. Remoting + Serialization Peformance

7. SNMP extension for Tck/Tk in Windows

8. wanted AS/400 P03 USED

9. ANNOUNCE: MIB Smithy SDK - SMI/SNMP Extension for Tcl (Commercial)

10. List of SNMP extensions to TCL

11. Tcl/Tk on Windows Frequently-Asked Questions