Problem with using SunNet Manager

Post by Ravi Subbar » Sat, 15 Feb 1992 04:33:06

I am trying to gather data from SNMP compliant bridges from the SunNet Manager
software.

I have created the schema file corresponding to the snmp agent in question.
But when I try to get attributes from the remote agent wrt its station (here
it is a bridge), I get a RPC timeout error, saying "no reply to the get request
from the agent".

Is there anything wrong in my setup? SUN guys, is there any of you whom I can
contact?

Thanks!

Ravi

Post by Jerry Natowi » Sun, 16 Feb 1992 03:22:37

>I am trying to gather data from SNMP compliant bridges from the SunNet Manager
>software.

>I have created the schema file corresponding to the snmp agent in question.
>But when I try to get attributes from the remote agent wrt its station (here
>it is a bridge), I get a RPC timeout error, saying "no reply to the get request
>from the agent".

>Is there anything wrong in my setup? SUN guys, is there any of you whom I can
>contact?

I am relatively new to SNM, but this is what I would do:

1) save your snm configuration

2) add the bridges to /var/snm/adm/snmp.hosts

3) reboot

4) Bring snm back up with snm -i <configuration_file> &

Make sure your schema files are in SNM`s search path - defined in /etc/snm.conf
--
     Jerry Natowitz
     Guest user on:

UUCP {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!jin

1. Problems Installing IF-MIB into SunNet Manager

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to snmp still. I'm attempting to install IF-MIB into SunNet
Manager and I've been unsuccessful so far.

Here's what I've done:

1) Downloaded these files from ftp.cisco.com:

    /pub/mibs/schema/IF-MIB.schema
    /pub/mibs/oid/IF-MIB.oid

2) Copied the above files to $SNMHOME/agents

3) Reinitialized SunNet Manager using the following command:

    snm -i

4) Tested the new MIB by running a Quick Dump|IF-MIB|ifXTable on a Catalyst
5000 switch.

It never returns. The results window is blank. Have I missed a step?

Thank you,

Eric.

2. Screen Saver Switches to "None"

3. Problem with Data Reports in SunNet Manager 2.0

4. bookmarks and Netscape problem

5. snmp/sunnet manager problems

6. install error 25003

7. Evaluation (testing) of SunNet Manager network management tool---HELP

8. MW Debugger vs Macsbug vs MixedModeMagic

9. Assistance with SunNet Manager

10. SunNet Manager

11. IF-MIB and SunNet Manager.

12. SunNet Manager default community string

13. SNMP agent and SunNet manager