1. Create new entry in forwarding table
I've got some D-Link-switches here (DES-3624i), and am trying to manage them
via SNMP. Documentation concerning SNMP is non-existent for this device,
D-Link-Support didn't react to my questions, and my research in newsgroups
an websites hasn't helped, either.
I've downloaded the MIBs from D-Link, and have been successful at
enabling/disabling ports, querying link-status, setting ports to
locked/learning mode, and so on (all via PHP and snmpset/-get). Here's what
I want to do and haven't been able to:
Since only specific MAC-addresses should be allowed to use certain ports, I
have to manually add the MACs to the Static Forwarding Table using the
switches' integrated web-interface, which is slow, unreliable and very
unhandy for this kind of thing.
So I want to do this via SNMP... What I can see when browsing the
corresponding MIB are entries for every MAC-address I manually entered
before consisting of a 96-bit-number (96 is the number of ports in my
stack), each bit enabling or disabling that MAC for one specific port. And
that I can change, meaning I can allow or forbid that MAC for any port I
My problem is, how do I create a NEW entry here via SNMP?
I've tried simply writing to a variable, hoping it would be created in the
process, but of course that won't work.
The only alternative would be doing it via the switches' telnet-interface
with expect or something, which is - at least for me - out of the question.
So how do I do this? I don't even know for sure that that is possible with
the switches I have, but not even D-Link seems to know (or care). How is
something like that usually done, how do you create new entries in existing
I don't want to buy any books or go into the depths of SNMP, since this is
just about the only thing I need to do with it, but maybe some of you can
2. VBScript buttons not working within XML DSO table
3. creating an entry in a table ?
4. More efficient code
5. function to create checksum for table data entries
7. Help / Examples of using Scotty to create a SNMP Agent
8. Psion 5mx Keyboard...Wearing Out????
9. NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
10. Creating a Table of Values (Pivot Table??)
11. Adding "NOT NULL" Constraint with CREATE TABLE or ALTER TABLE
12. Create tables based on another table
13. Creating a data entry form with a look up....