Windows NT4, strange stuff

Post by Wall » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 20:17:46

Hi all,

I managed to install snmp4nt on 5 of our servers. The strange thing is that
2 of those (all running NT4) don't give me data. The other 3 work fine (even
without snmp4nt) they give me nice data. I compared the configs of all the
machine and they look identical to me. I installed snmp-service, rebooted,
reapplied SP6a and rebooted. What could be the problem here?

Grtz,

Wouter

Windows NT4, strange stuff

Post by Andreas Schoenbac » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 01:00:26

You must add the security rights.
look under network->Properties->services->snmp-service->properties->security

select button ADD;
select communityRights="read create";
insert communityName="public";

- Andreas

> Hi all,

> I managed to install snmp4nt on 5 of our servers. The strange thing is that
> 2 of those (all running NT4) don't give me data. The other 3 work fine (even
> without snmp4nt) they give me nice data. I compared the configs of all the
> machine and they look identical to me. I installed snmp-service, rebooted,
> reapplied SP6a and rebooted. What could be the problem here?

> Grtz,

> Wouter

Windows NT4, strange stuff

Post by Capta » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:15:18

I have the same problem but with 3 nt4 machines,(with service
pack 5), and NONE of them work?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What else has to be setup on NT4?

I have snmp installed, configured,(to 'public' community name),
and running it as a service,(no errors at all)!

When I run 'cfgmaker' NOTHING comes back,(just like having the
wrong community name)!

Notes:  I am familiar with perl and mrtg.
            I also am SUCCESSFULLY monitoring a number of
            routers,(including livingston, 3com, and about 10 ciscos).

What could I be missing here?

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:00:26 +0100, Andreas Schoenbach

>You must add the security rights.
>look under network->Properties->services->snmp-service->properties->security

>select button ADD;
>select communityRights="read create";
>insert communityName="public";

>- Andreas

>> Hi all,

>> I managed to install snmp4nt on 5 of our servers. The strange thing is that
>> 2 of those (all running NT4) don't give me data. The other 3 work fine (even
>> without snmp4nt) they give me nice data. I compared the configs of all the
>> machine and they look identical to me. I installed snmp-service, rebooted,
>> reapplied SP6a and rebooted. What could be the problem here?

>> Grtz,

>> Wouter

1. NCD Terminals, really strange stuff @ Open House and Yard Sale

NCD monochorme 4MB terminals, CHEAP! Also lots of "Legacy" computer
stuff. Complete Real IBM XT machines, only $16.00ea. Quantity discounts
on cards removed from surplus XT, AT, and '386 cards. Used VGA Color
monitors from $89...
 Don't look for memory, fast modems, or huge hard drive (lots of places
have those...), we don't. But for Electronics, Mechanical Goodies,
Hardware (real hardware) optics, wire, metal, aircraft parts, lasers,
and really strange stuff, visit the RA Enterprises Yard Sale and open
house, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 13~15.
2260 DeLa Cruz Blvd., Santa Clara CA 94050.
Look for the big red British Bus out front.
Bring a copy of this posting for a free gift.
1,000's of items for $5 or less...

2. RMON capture utility

3. NT Autentication: strange stuff

4. Unbuffered MSDOS File I/O from C

5. Win95 DUN / NT4 RRAS / NT4 IAS Problem

6. Motif FAQ (Part 2 of 5)

7. Anyone have NikonScan 31 working under Windows NT4?

8. ZX Interface 2 ROM cartridges

9. Visioneer 7600 (Parallel) and Windows NT4.0

10. HP Scanjet 4c / DeskScan v2.5 / Windows NT4.0: "No SCSI host adapter found"

11. Looking for DeskscanII v 2.8 for Windows NT4

12. Sprintscan 4000 12 bit output under windows nt4

13. PLUSTEK 9636T and others haven't any windows NT4.0 Drivers