Help! MIB on cisco-router in SunNet Manager.

Help! MIB on cisco-router in SunNet Manager.

Post by Stefan Ahser TX/ » Thu, 02 Jun 1994 23:28:46

Greetings

We are trying to get a cisco-mib to work through SunNet Manager (SnM), but we have some trouble.
We have installed a mib, we get the name of the agent (CISCO-MIB) to appear in the glyph-menu in SnM.
When we start the agent, first nothing happens for a while (about 1 min) and then we get the error:

   Request CISCO-MIB.lifTable.0 has ended unexpectedly.

The standard snmp-agents (snmp, snmp-mibII) works, so we know that we have contact with the router,
but those agents dont give us the information we need.

Please help             Stefan Ahser & Magnus Eriksson

Systeminfo
SPARCstation LX
OS-version:     Solaris 2.3
SnM-version:    SunNet Manager 2.2
MIB-version:    cisco-mib 9.1
Routerdata (solsta-gw>sh version)

solsta-gw>sh version
GS Software (GS2-RX), Version 8.2(3)
Compiled Tue 12-Feb-91 12:02 by mlb

System Bootstrap, Version 4.3(2)

solsta-gw uptime is 1 week, 3 days, 2 hours, 27 minutes
System restarted by reload
Running default software

CSC2 (68020) processor with 1024K bytes of memory.
X.25 software.
4 MCI controller.
8 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface.
4 Serial network interface.
48K bytes of multibus memory.
Configuration register is 0x301

                          \|||/
                          (. .)
+----------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------------+
  Stefan Ahser                 Ericsson Telecom AB

1. Help with hp mib in SunNet Manager....

I hope that someone has the answer to my problem.

I have built a mib with some hp specific calls in. I believe I have done
everything I should to get it to work with SNM. The mib2schema worked fine,
the build_oid worked fine. It's just that I can't seem to be able to get to
use the enterprise part of the mib from quick dump.

Am I going way off track here ? Am I making sense for that matter ?!

If you have the/an answer please mail me.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

2. chack this out. you wont believe it.

3. IF-MIB and SunNet Manager.

4. MONEY IMPROVEMENT

5. Problems Installing IF-MIB into SunNet Manager

6. Did 100 before, now only 10

7. Sunnet Network Manager Mibs and mib compiling

8. How can I create addiational axes in Matlab?

9. Cisco router MIB

10. where can i find mib tree information of CISCO router

11. Searching special Enterprise MIB for Cisco 4000 Router

12. Using the ping MIB variable on Cisco router

13. mib.txt for IGS cisco router (to use with CMU snmpwalk)