Search a server wich will accept a client-server chat.

Search a server wich will accept a client-server chat.

Post by StarMi » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello everybody,

We are a group of 9 developper and we are making a virtual 3D world only
ON-LINE.
The world will only work with WEB navigators (Netscape, or
InternetExplorer).

It are developping a very new vision of internet: fun and culture and also
3D.
(If you are interested about the project mail me)

So, my problem is that we haven't got a server to put our server-client
chat.
I'm asking you if someone will help us and will be agree to put our
server-client chat on your server.
We chat will not use a lot of resource because we want only to test it with
a maximum of 5 people.
Of course after we will pay you when the world will open.

So, you want help us, mails me...

Thanx for all...

            Pichel Michel

Search a server wich will accept a client-server chat.

Post by RJHM van den Berg » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Why aren't you just using an off-line network.
I've one with a Linux RedHat server.

I also do have a Linux server connected to the Internet.
Also created a chat server
http://alpha.comweb.nl/java/MiniChat2/MiniChat2.html
(port 8081)

But what exactly should be that new at your vission ?

Testing it off line on a local network shouldn't be the problem I think.
I do not like the idea of giving telnet access to my server to people I
don't know.

Rob,

Quote:> Hello everybody,

> We are a group of 9 developper and we are making a virtual 3D world only
> ON-LINE.
> The world will only work with WEB navigators (Netscape, or
> InternetExplorer).

> It are developping a very new vision of internet: fun and culture and also
> 3D.
> (If you are interested about the project mail me)

> So, my problem is that we haven't got a server to put our server-client
> chat.
> I'm asking you if someone will help us and will be agree to put our
> server-client chat on your server.
> We chat will not use a lot of resource because we want only to test it
with
> a maximum of 5 people.
> Of course after we will pay you when the world will open.

> So, you want help us, mails me...

> Thanx for all...

>             Pichel Michel

1. How to implement client-server server-client IDL/Application ?

Hi,

This is my current design:

+ the client sends an asynchronous call to the server: QueryRequest()
+ the server needs to send multiple data (QueryResponse) to the client.

Do I need to create two separate IDLs, one where the client (A) sends a
QueryRequest to the server (B) and one where the client (B) sends
multiple QueryResponse() to the server (B).

As I don't have any experience with CORBA, I don't know what is the
right path yet.

Can you help ?

Thanks.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Using Quicken files in Money

3. US-Open Client/Server Programmer Analyst- To $70K Client-Server/C/C++/RDBMS

4. SBus T1 card

5. Problem with setting a client-server chat Applet in Java

6. Problem with HiVal's CD-Right not detecting my CD-RW. Help???

7. Problem with programming a Client-Server chat application

8. Rogue A records / security breach

9. Client-Server-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

10. JOB: QA Engineer (client-server, server side)

11. Advice required for Java RMI client-server interface and server business object design (long post)

12. Client-server developers (C++,VB / SQL Server/ AS/400RPG)