2-tier vs 3-tier architecture

Post by his » Thu, 14 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi...
        Anyone with materials on the above or any sites that I should
look into in regards to finding out more? I have a copy of the c/s FAQ
but rather brief...need something that has greater detail. Please help!
TIA

1. CS/TP Performance: 3-tier vs 2-Tier?

Where can I find solid PROOF that 3-tier CS/TP apps have superior performance?

All indications are that Client/Server OLTP applications built using a "3-tier"
architecture scale significantly better than "2-tier" applications.  When the
number of users is 100's or 1000's 2-tier apps will "hit the wall" but 3-tier
apps will keep on going.  We know this from the standpoint of systems arch.
and *limited* internal benchmarks.  But we'd like to be able to pin it down.

Can anyone help me find proof, in the form of:

    1. Benchmark results
    2. Documented real-world experience / war stories
    3. Anecdotal evidence (as a last resort)

This is very important to my company.  Requests for anonymity will be
respected.  All help greatly appreciated!

--

2. Memplug Review

3. Silent Service II - Save your money

4. from 2-tier to 3-tier

5. vertical alignment in tabular

6. 2-Tier, 3-Tier & CORBA Client/Server application

7. MSI apps don't install

8. 2-tier & 3-tier

9. 3-tier vs. 4-tier application

10. Tier 2 vs Tier 3 Client Server Architecture

11. Testing 3-tier architectures

12. Designing 3-tier client/server architecture….