PostgreSQL or RedHat Database 2.1

Post by Lucio M. B. Chiess » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:39:50

Hi VOers!!!

Here in Brazil, me and a VO friend (Marco Antonio) are using PostgreSQL and Redhat Database 2.1 with VO2.5b3 via ODBC
with the impressive results and good performance.
The PostgreSQL it's a lot better than mySQL, becouse it offer much more...

Please! If you are using PostgreSQL or Redhat Database, let me know and let's go to change informations about.
I'm using a RedHat 8.0 (Psyche).

Regards and thanks!!!

--
Lucio Chiessi
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

PostgreSQL or RedHat Database 2.1

Post by Phil McGuinnes » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:00:09

Lucio,

A lot of webdevelopment is via PHP and mySQL or PostegreSQL
I have also heard of good results but at this stage we have not had time to
test it.

Phil
----

Quote:> Hi VOers!!!

> Here in Brazil, me and a VO friend (Marco Antonio) are using PostgreSQL

and Redhat Database 2.1 with VO2.5b3 via ODBC
Quote:> with the impressive results and good performance.
> The PostgreSQL it's a lot better than mySQL, becouse it offer much more...

> Please! If you are using PostgreSQL or Redhat Database, let me know and

let's go to change informations about.
Quote:> I'm using a RedHat 8.0 (Psyche).

> Regards and thanks!!!

> --
> Lucio Chiessi
> Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

PostgreSQL or RedHat Database 2.1

Post by Johel de Souza Filh » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:08:04

Lucio,

Quote:> Here in Brazil, me and a VO friend (Marco Antonio) are using PostgreSQL

and Redhat Database 2.1 with VO2.5b3 via ODBC
Quote:> with the impressive results and good performance.
> The PostgreSQL it's a lot better than mySQL, becouse it offer much more...

> Please! If you are using PostgreSQL or Redhat Database, let me know and

let's go to change informations about.

Quote:> I'm using a RedHat 8.0 (Psyche).

> Regards and thanks!!!

timo ter mais alguem do Brasil colocando quest?es tcnicas... assim eu e
o Marcos podemos nos aposentar. :-)

[]s
Johel

PostgreSQL or RedHat Database 2.1

Post by H?kon Clause » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:19:28

Hi Lucio,

Good to here there is more VO/PostgreSQL user out there. We have been
developing our app in this platform for about a year, and is very satisfied
with PostgreSQL!

H?kon

Quote:> Hi VOers!!!

> Here in Brazil, me and a VO friend (Marco Antonio) are using PostgreSQL

and Redhat Database 2.1 with VO2.5b3 via ODBC
Quote:> with the impressive results and good performance.
> The PostgreSQL it's a lot better than mySQL, becouse it offer much more...

> Please! If you are using PostgreSQL or Redhat Database, let me know and

let's go to change informations about.
Quote:> I'm using a RedHat 8.0 (Psyche).

> Regards and thanks!!!

> --
> Lucio Chiessi
> Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

PostgreSQL or RedHat Database 2.1

Post by Eduardo Fernande » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 21:35:15

Hi Lucio,

At moment Im working to convert all my Clipper/dbf apps to VO/dbf, and at a
second moment I will start the convertion of the dbf database to sql and I
will consider the PostGreSql. Certainly I will need yours help, friends !

Greetings,
Eduardo

Post by Marcos Nogueir » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 21:20:17

Lucio,

Quote:> Here in Brazil, me and a VO friend (Marco Antonio) are using PostgreSQL

and Redhat Database 2.1 with VO2.5b3 via ODBC
Quote:> with the impressive results and good performance.
> The PostgreSQL it's a lot better than mySQL, becouse it offer much more...

> Please! If you are using PostgreSQL or Redhat Database, let me know and

let's go to change informations about.

Quote:> I'm using a RedHat 8.0 (Psyche).

We're using PostgreSQL with Delphi in a specific project for a client. So
far so good... Soon I'll start testing RedHat DB with VO.

Greetings,

Marcos Nogueira
S. Paulo - Brazil

PostgreSQL or RedHat Database 2.1

Post by Saulo Rodrigue » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:12:25

Quote:

> timo ter mais alguem do Brasil colocando quest?es tcnicas... assim eu
> o Marcos podemos nos aposentar. :-)

muito bom ver o esprito de Natal contagiando as pessoas :o)

Saulo

1. running mpich-1.2.1 under RedHat 7.1

I have an mpi program that I have successfully run under MPICH 1.2.1
under Redhat 6.2, and I can run the program under RH7.1, but only on 2
worker nodes.  If I try for 3 or more (on a machine with 16 CPU's on 8
machines), the program blocks in MPI_Init().  -p4dbg 10 shows that
with 2 nodes, connections between 0 and 1 and 0 and 2 are successful,
but with 3 nodes, connections between 0 and 1 and 0 and 2 work, but
there is no connection between 0 and 3.

If others have MPICH working on RH7.1, I wonder if there is some
network configuration problem.  The 4 node problem is not due to rsh
problems - tstmachines works fine, and the problem occurs run running
on only 2 machines with a machinefile.

Suggestions are welcome (I have emailed mpi-bugs).

Bill Pearson

2. Internet Survey

3. compiling mpich-1.2.1 on redhat 7.1

4. JasPer JPEG-2000 Software

5. Installing Ptolemy on Linux (RedHat 2.1) (0.6 performance)

6. Fan noise on a Quicksilver

7. Installing Ptolemy on Linux (RedHat 2.1)

8. Wizard oz6500 as vt100 on internet?

9. Starting postgresql server in RedHat 8.0

10. installing postgreSQL 7.3.2 on redhat 8.0

11. Postgresql And Redhat Enterprise 3

12. Postgresql & Redhat 6.2 = memory leak?