shell32.dll

shell32.dll

Post by RicL » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 21:25:51



 hShell := LoadLibrary(PSZ(_CAST, "SHELL32.DLL"))
..
.
.
 oCAnimate1:OpenResource(160)

Is there anyone who can tell me where I can get the descriptions of the
animation resource id's ?
I have to find out what kind of animations there is in shell32.dll

RicLo

 
 
 

shell32.dll

Post by Geoff Schalle » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:12:10


Here are some I dug out of my NG archive:

Forum:  CA-Visual Objects 2                Section:  VO Programming
Subj:  Animation Controls

To   :  Richard Press, 70445,304        09/13/1999 12:04 AM
From :  Tom Walden, 75277,274                #70530

Message text written by Richard Press

Quote:>What I would like to know is where is the documentation to these resources?

<
        // 150 == flashlight scanning a folder
        // 151 == magnifying glass scanning a sheet
        // 152 == magnifying glass scanning a computer
        // 160 == folder to folder (2 pages)
        // 161 == folder to folder (1 page)
        // 162 == folder to recycle can
        // 163 == recycle can to gone
        // 164 == folder to gone

Not sure what other values there might also be...

HTH,
Tom


Quote:

>  hShell := LoadLibrary(PSZ(_CAST, "SHELL32.DLL"))
> ..
> .
> .
>  oCAnimate1:OpenResource(160)

> Is there anyone who can tell me where I can get the descriptions of the
> animation resource id's ?
> I have to find out what kind of animations there is in shell32.dll

> RicLo


 
 
 

shell32.dll

Post by RicL » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:56:34


Thanks Geoff,

RicLo



> Here are some I dug out of my NG archive:

> Forum:  CA-Visual Objects 2                Section:  VO Programming
> Subj:  Animation Controls

> To   :  Richard Press, 70445,304        09/13/1999 12:04 AM
> From :  Tom Walden, 75277,274                #70530

> Message text written by Richard Press
> >What I would like to know is where is the documentation to these
resources?
> <
>         // 150 == flashlight scanning a folder
>         // 151 == magnifying glass scanning a sheet
>         // 152 == magnifying glass scanning a computer
>         // 160 == folder to folder (2 pages)
>         // 161 == folder to folder (1 page)
>         // 162 == folder to recycle can
>         // 163 == recycle can to gone
>         // 164 == folder to gone

> Not sure what other values there might also be...

> HTH,
> Tom



> >  hShell := LoadLibrary(PSZ(_CAST, "SHELL32.DLL"))
> > ..
> > .
> > .
> >  oCAnimate1:OpenResource(160)

> > Is there anyone who can tell me where I can get the descriptions of the
> > animation resource id's ?
> > I have to find out what kind of animations there is in shell32.dll

> > RicLo

 
 
 

shell32.dll

Post by - Jari » Sun, 05 Nov 2000 01:29:05


RicLo,

Quote:>         // 150 == flashlight scanning a folder
>         // 151 == magnifying glass scanning a sheet
>         // 152 == magnifying glass scanning a computer
>         // 160 == folder to folder (2 pages)
>         // 161 == folder to folder (1 page)
>         // 162 == folder to recycle can
>         // 163 == recycle can to gone
>         // 164 == folder to gone

These are all AVI's there is in Shell32.dll according tool that reads
resources,
but there is also lot of ICO's and CUR's

- Jari -

 
 
 

shell32.dll

Post by Pavel Vetesni » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 14:35:12


Hi,

I must say that I tried to find out what resources can be really taken from
shell32.dll but I was never successful.
I see that in my shell32 (version 5.0.2919.3800) is about 100 icons, but I
can use only 50 of them. I have no idea how to extract pointers from there
(if they are really there) and I also don't know where other AVIs are.
--
Pavel



Quote:

> These are all AVI's there is in Shell32.dll according tool that reads
> resources,
> but there is also lot of ICO's and CUR's

> - Jari -

 
 
 

shell32.dll

Post by Judd William » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Pavel,

Some icons are multiple image icons and you will need to extract these with
ExtractIconEx() (see the Win32 SDK help file).  Here's a function which
should take care of either situation.  It will return a VO Icon object.

Notice, you could ammend it so you can pass any DLL or EXE which contains
icons.

Judd.

FUNCTION GetShellIcon( nIconIndex AS INT, lSmall:=FALSE AS LOGIC ) AS Icon
 LOCAL hIcon AS PTR
  LOCAL DIM aSmIcons[1] IS PTR
  LOCAL DIM aLgIcons[1] IS PTR

  //  First try ExtractIconEx() in case it is a multiple image icon.

  IF lSmall
    hIcon := aSmIcons[1]  //  Just take the first one.
  ELSE
    hIcon := aLgIcons[1]
  ENDIF

 IF hIcon = NULL_PTR
   //  This is not a multiple image icon so use ExtractIcon()
   hIcon := ExtractIcon(_GetInst(), PSZ("SHELL32.DLL"), nIconIndex )
   IF hIcon = NULL_PTR
     //  Bad index passed, get the default windows icon.
    hIcon := ExtractIcon( _GetInst(), PSZ("SHELL32.DLL"), 0 )
   ENDIF
  ENDIF

 RETURN Icon{ hIcon }

 
 
 

shell32.dll

Post by Pavel Vetesni » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Thanks a lot,
I'll test it.

Pavel


> Pavel,

> Some icons are multiple image icons and you will need to extract these
with
> ExtractIconEx() (see the Win32 SDK help file).  Here's a function which
> should take care of either situation.  It will return a VO Icon object.

> Notice, you could ammend it so you can pass any DLL or EXE which contains
> icons.

> Judd.

> FUNCTION GetShellIcon( nIconIndex AS INT, lSmall:=FALSE AS LOGIC ) AS Icon
>  LOCAL hIcon AS PTR
>   LOCAL DIM aSmIcons[1] IS PTR
>   LOCAL DIM aLgIcons[1] IS PTR

>   //  First try ExtractIconEx() in case it is a multiple image icon.

>   IF lSmall
>     hIcon := aSmIcons[1]  //  Just take the first one.
>   ELSE
>     hIcon := aLgIcons[1]
>   ENDIF

>  IF hIcon = NULL_PTR
>    //  This is not a multiple image icon so use ExtractIcon()
>    hIcon := ExtractIcon(_GetInst(), PSZ("SHELL32.DLL"), nIconIndex )
>    IF hIcon = NULL_PTR
>      //  Bad index passed, get the default windows icon.
>     hIcon := ExtractIcon( _GetInst(), PSZ("SHELL32.DLL"), 0 )
>    ENDIF
>   ENDIF

>  RETURN Icon{ hIcon }

 
 
 

1. One SHELL32.DLL SHLWAPI.DLL error fix for scanner problem.

Hi,

My elderly neighbor screwed up his pc (again) and asked me to fix it
(again). From what I can understand, I believe that he did a reinstall
of Windows 98. Afterwards, one of his problems was that his Visioneer
scanner didn't work any more. I found a post from 2001 (see below the
asterisk line)that discribed a similar problem.

What you need to do is locate the SHLWAPI.DLL that is in the Paperport
directory, then rename it to something. Next copy the SHLWAPI.DLL from
the Windows\System directory and put a copy in the Paperport
directory. Restart the computer.

This was simply another case of mixed versions.

Later,
Brcobrem

***************************************************************************
Message 1 in thread

Subject: Visioneer PaperPort Mystery

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner, comp.periphs.scanners,
rec.photo.digital
Date: 2001-06-15 11:27:34 PST

Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem pop up - I
hope not
:-) Some how my Visioneer USB 4400 scanner software has gotten screwed
up. I
cannot start up the Paperport software without getting the error
message-

The SHELL32.DLL file is linked to missing export
SHLWAPI.DLL:SHRegGetUSValueA

I have uninstalled the scanner,uninstalled the PaperPort software and
then
installed it all back again .Then I ran the System File checker in
Windows
and I'm still getting the error mesage. OHHH.... I even ran Norton
Systemworks but it as usual it solves only the problems I did not
realize I
had but never the one I am having - go figure. The scanner works
great, for
a $14 scanner after rebates,  with all my other software- Corel Photo
Paint
8 and Photoshop Elements.

Thank you very much if you can help - PLEASE

Dan
***************************************************************************

2. Failure to Open Device

3. OneTouch Scanner - SHELL32.DLL ...missing export SHLWAPI.DLL:SHRegGetUSValueA.

4. why can I have access to msn.messanger ............

5. SHELL32.DLL error message

6. Basic ( and long...) question about simulating system in ptolemy

7. HTML 2 TeX converter?

8. SHGetFolderPath in Shell32.dll version 6.0

9. NSE IShellView Crash In SHELL32.DLL

10. problems with shell32.dll

11. Shell32.dll versions problem...

12. Windows 2000 version of SHELL32.DLL under Windows NT