Today... today...

Today... today...

Post by Jean-Marie Berthiaum » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00



As you all know, today is National Day in Lesotho!

--
Jean-Marie Berthiaume
Montral, Qubec

Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
Please erase the # to reply :

 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Marc H?chs » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 15:46:53


Hi J-M,

I learn so much about the world from your messages. Now I know that
yesterday was National Day in, whereever it is, Lesotho.

To complete your National-Day-Library: on Tuesday, 3. October 2000 it
was the 10th National Day of Germany. Let me say, that Im happy that it
is possible to do something like the reunion of Germany without guns and
other bullshit, only with the power of spirit and candles. It let me
hope for North and South Korea.

Whos National Day is tomorrow?

Marc

 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Anthony Smit » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Do you even know where Losotho is ?! (No offence, just out of interest)
Here's a general Knowledge Quiz, Who knows ?
I bet less that 3 of you know where it is.
Hell I bet most of the Lesotho people dont even know its their National Day.
(Dont argue with me if you have not been there........)

Anthony Smith


> As you all know, today is National Day in Lesotho!

> --
> Jean-Marie Berthiaume
> Montral, Qubec

> Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
> Please erase the # to reply :


 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Stephan Fei » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00


In South-Africa, which means surrounded by South-Africa? I'm not sure
(where's my lexicon? At home, s**t).



> Do you even know where Losotho is ?! (No offence, just out of interest)
> Here's a general Knowledge Quiz, Who knows ?
> I bet less that 3 of you know where it is.
> Hell I bet most of the Lesotho people dont even know its their National
Day.
> (Dont argue with me if you have not been there........)

> Anthony Smith



> > As you all know, today is National Day in Lesotho!

> > --
> > Jean-Marie Berthiaume
> > Montral, Qubec

> > Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
> > Please erase the # to reply :


 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Jean-Marie Berthiaum » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00


My source is not as good as I think, forgot little places like China,
Germany...

Marc H?chst a crit :

Quote:> Hi J-M,

> I learn so much about the world from your messages. Now I know that
> yesterday was National Day in, whereever it is, Lesotho.

> To complete your National-Day-Library: on Tuesday, 3. October 2000 it
> was the 10th National Day of Germany. Let me say, that Im happy that it
> is possible to do something like the reunion of Germany without guns and
> other bullshit, only with the power of spirit and candles. It let me
> hope for North and South Korea.

> Whos National Day is tomorrow?

> Marc

--
Jean-Marie Berthiaume
Montral, Qubec

Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
Please erase the # to reply :

 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Jean-Marie Berthiaum » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Ancient Name: Basutoland. As for myself, I have interest in Lesotho like any
other country: there's people there.

Anthony Smith a crit :

> Do you even know where Losotho is ?! (No offence, just out of interest)
> Here's a general Knowledge Quiz, Who knows ?
> I bet less that 3 of you know where it is.
> Hell I bet most of the Lesotho people dont even know its their National Day.
> (Dont argue with me if you have not been there........)

> Anthony Smith



> > As you all know, today is National Day in Lesotho!

> > --
> > Jean-Marie Berthiaume
> > Montral, Qubec

> > Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
> > Please erase the # to reply :


--
Jean-Marie Berthiaume
Montral, Qubec

Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
Please erase the # to reply :

 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Anthony Smit » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Just for interest sake Lesotho is a Very small Country inside South Africa
surrounded by mountains. Its actually quite beautiful, but has severe
ecenomic problems, and is known as "The Mountain Kingdom".
Anthony Smith


> My source is not as good as I think, forgot little places like China,
> Germany...

> Marc H?chst a crit :

> > Hi J-M,

> > I learn so much about the world from your messages. Now I know that
> > yesterday was National Day in, whereever it is, Lesotho.

> > To complete your National-Day-Library: on Tuesday, 3. October 2000 it
> > was the 10th National Day of Germany. Let me say, that Im happy that it
> > is possible to do something like the reunion of Germany without guns and
> > other bullshit, only with the power of spirit and candles. It let me
> > hope for North and South Korea.

> > Whos National Day is tomorrow?

> > Marc

> --
> Jean-Marie Berthiaume
> Montral, Qubec

> Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
> Please erase the # to reply :


 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Charl Esterhuize » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00




Quote:>Do you even know where Losotho is ?! (No offence, just out of interest)
>Here's a general Knowledge Quiz, Who knows ?
>I bet less that 3 of you know where it is.

Well I am one of the three  <g>

Charl Esterhuizen

 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Geoff Schalle » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Well I know now because I looked up an Atlas <g>. But really, please do
educate us. Can you give a 1-2 paragraph summary of the place?


> Do you even know where Losotho is ?! (No offence, just out of interest)
> Here's a general Knowledge Quiz, Who knows ?
> I bet less that 3 of you know where it is.
> Hell I bet most of the Lesotho people dont even know its their National
Day.
> (Dont argue with me if you have not been there........)

> Anthony Smith



> > As you all know, today is National Day in Lesotho!

> > --
> > Jean-Marie Berthiaume
> > Montral, Qubec

> > Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
> > Please erase the # to reply :


 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Anthony Smit » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 14:47:30


Yep, totally surrounded by South Africa on all sides.
Anthony Smith


> In South-Africa, which means surrounded by South-Africa? I'm not sure
> (where's my lexicon? At home, s**t).



> > Do you even know where Losotho is ?! (No offence, just out of interest)
> > Here's a general Knowledge Quiz, Who knows ?
> > I bet less that 3 of you know where it is.
> > Hell I bet most of the Lesotho people dont even know its their National
> Day.
> > (Dont argue with me if you have not been there........)

> > Anthony Smith



> > > As you all know, today is National Day in Lesotho!

> > > --
> > > Jean-Marie Berthiaume
> > > Montral, Qubec

> > > Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
> > > Please erase the # to reply :


 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Anthony Smit » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 14:55:46


Lesotho is a Beautiful LITTLE country totally surrounded by South Africa.
One can use South African Currency (Actually Preferred there). If my School
geography serves me correctly the land was granted to the "Basutu" ? for
helping in the Anglo Boer wars by Britain the these people.
The econony is a shambles anf I think there are less that 2million citizens
in the country.
South africans use Lesotho as one of the holiday destinations. There are
some lovely holiday resorts there and it snows quite reguarly (Not enough to
ski though)
South Africas only ski resort is situated in the Easetrn Cape quite close th
Lesotho.
About a year ago they had Political strife in the country and the South
African forces were called in to quell the *. The joke about that is
that more than 90% of the S.A. armed forces were later tested as being HIV
posative. (I'm serious this is true) We have massive problems here with HIV
(Fastest groving infection rate in the world) combined with the Most*s
in the world this is actually quite scarry.
I think I have all my facts correct. Perhaps Charl can verify/update some of
them ?
Anthony Smith


> Well I know now because I looked up an Atlas <g>. But really, please do
> educate us. Can you give a 1-2 paragraph summary of the place?



> > Do you even know where Losotho is ?! (No offence, just out of interest)
> > Here's a general Knowledge Quiz, Who knows ?
> > I bet less that 3 of you know where it is.
> > Hell I bet most of the Lesotho people dont even know its their National
> Day.
> > (Dont argue with me if you have not been there........)

> > Anthony Smith



> > > As you all know, today is National Day in Lesotho!

> > > --
> > > Jean-Marie Berthiaume
> > > Montral, Qubec

> > > Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
> > > Please erase the # to reply :


 
 
 

Today... today...

Post by Geoff Schalle » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Thankyou. I assume from your description that the country is relative green
with vegetation and is hilly. But is disappointing they have so much strife.
Unfortunately it seems typical of these "liberated" countries. We can only
hope their lot improves.

Geoff


> Lesotho is a Beautiful LITTLE country totally surrounded by South Africa.
> One can use South African Currency (Actually Preferred there). If my
School
> geography serves me correctly the land was granted to the "Basutu" ? for
> helping in the Anglo Boer wars by Britain the these people.
> The econony is a shambles anf I think there are less that 2million
citizens
> in the country.
> South africans use Lesotho as one of the holiday destinations. There are
> some lovely holiday resorts there and it snows quite reguarly (Not enough
to
> ski though)
> South Africas only ski resort is situated in the Easetrn Cape quite close
th
> Lesotho.
> About a year ago they had Political strife in the country and the South
> African forces were called in to quell the *. The joke about that
is
> that more than 90% of the S.A. armed forces were later tested as being HIV
> posative. (I'm serious this is true) We have massive problems here with
HIV
> (Fastest groving infection rate in the world) combined with the Most*s
> in the world this is actually quite scarry.
> I think I have all my facts correct. Perhaps Charl can verify/update some
of
> them ?
> Anthony Smith



> > Well I know now because I looked up an Atlas <g>. But really, please do
> > educate us. Can you give a 1-2 paragraph summary of the place?



> > > Do you even know where Losotho is ?! (No offence, just out of
interest)
> > > Here's a general Knowledge Quiz, Who knows ?
> > > I bet less that 3 of you know where it is.
> > > Hell I bet most of the Lesotho people dont even know its their
National
> > Day.
> > > (Dont argue with me if you have not been there........)

> > > Anthony Smith



> > > > As you all know, today is National Day in Lesotho!

> > > > --
> > > > Jean-Marie Berthiaume
> > > > Montral, Qubec

> > > > Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
> > > > Please erase the # to reply :


 
 
 

1. Today almost today

Today, October 9, it was Uganda Day (hope you don't need a map for
this one).
Today (in another part of the world), October 10 it is The Republic of
China Day. Happy day to you (and don't stop making our chips <g>).

--
Jean-Marie Berthiaume
Montral, Qubec

Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre
Please erase the # to reply :

2. Ok.Somebody Post a 20byte Hello World prg!!

3. How does my old HP4c stack up today?

4. MS Reader to palm ?

5. Bought Minolta DSII today, crappy colors (w/samples)

6. BrainStorm 3.0

7. got my UMAX Astra 2200 today

8. Mainframe on a chip in a Mac?

9. Ordered Polaroid 4000 Today

10. Gamecube sales just today...

11. Metal Dungeon comes out today...