Adding to the control order

Post by Greg Garz » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I apologize if this thread appears more than once, I seem to be having
problems posting to the Newsgroup.

How can I add a control which is created at runtime to the owning window's
control order so that I can tab to the control?  I've tried including
WS_TABSTOP in the control's style, but that didn't work.

Any suggestions...

TIA

Gregg

Adding to the control order

Post by Alan D.G » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi Greg,

Quote:

> How can I add a control which is created at runtime to the owning window's
> control order so that I can tab to the control?  I've tried including
> WS_TABSTOP in the control's style, but that didn't work.

You can use the windows API

SetWindowPos( ... )

Ex.

If you want to insert the control "C" runtime in ORDER

A - B - D       to       A - B - C - D

you must create C

C := xxx{...}

and the use the API

SetWindowPos( C:Handle(), B:Handle(), 0, 0, 0, 0, ;
                             _OR( SWP_NOSIZE, SWP_NOMOVE, SWP_NOACTIVATE ))

See the help on line...

I hope it is what you need... bye bye

Adding to the control order

Post by Ross Chappel » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Greg...

Try using WS_CHILD+WS_TABSTOP. I'm pretty sure this will solve your problem.

Ross
www.electricpeople.com
www.epi-training.com
www.epidirect.com

Quote:> I apologize if this thread appears more than once, I seem to be having
> problems posting to the Newsgroup.

> How can I add a control which is created at runtime to the owning window's
> control order so that I can tab to the control?  I've tried including
> WS_TABSTOP in the control's style, but that didn't work.

> Any suggestions...

> TIA

> Gregg

1. Order of controls in control[] array?

Hello,

we're using the windows "control[]" array to iterate over all
datawindow controls in a window and execute "Update()" for each dw
(this way it is possible to add datawindow controls in a heir
window but have a common "Save" implementation [that doesn't need
to know any datawindow control names] in the parent window).

In some cases, however, it is necessary to "Update()" one or
more datawindows BEFORE the other datawindows (because of
database integrity constraints). Unfortunately there seems
to be NO strict relationship between the order those controls
were created and the order of controls available in the "control[]"
array at runtime.

Does anybody know WHAT the order of controls in the "control[]" array
depends on?

Regards,

Ralph-Diether Marzusch

2. ~~Fax from a Windows via DSL~~

3. Add order and organization to your daily work.

4. Help: Monitor NEC 3D

5. Windows95-sucks.mp3?

6. order in which a group of files is added to a book

7. 4mm DAT Tapes

8. WinRunner - checking control tab order and 'hot' keys in dialogs

9. Controlling order of fill in

10. Controlling the order of replay _ALL_ in proc greplay?

11. Higher order control (was RMA...)

12. Splitwindow and tab control order