VO Source: Retrieve Table list and Table Structure from ODBC

VO Source: Retrieve Table list and Table Structure from ODBC

Post by TSDin » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:22:38

I have posted a small utility ( source code .aef  ) into the VO knowledge
base at http://support.cavo.com . This utility retrieve a list of tables and
display table structure from ODBC DSN.

This utiltity is written VO 2.6, I think VO 2.5 should be able to access it.
I hope this little utility will be useful.

Regards
TSDing

VO Source: Retrieve Table list and Table Structure from ODBC

Post by Marc Verkad » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:46:07

Thanx!

Quote:> I have posted a small utility ( source code .aef  ) into the VO knowledge
> base at http://support.cavo.com . This utility retrieve a list of tables
and
> display table structure from ODBC DSN.

> This utiltity is written VO 2.6, I think VO 2.5 should be able to access
it.
> I hope this little utility will be useful.

> Regards
> TSDing

VO Source: Retrieve Table list and Table Structure from ODBC

Post by Chuan Je » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:56:43

Hi there,

Thank you for the posting.

Could you please tell me how to get the location of the table which is
access using ODBC?

Thank you

Quote:> I have posted a small utility ( source code .aef  ) into the VO knowledge
> base at http://support.cavo.com . This utility retrieve a list of tables
and
> display table structure from ODBC DSN.

> This utiltity is written VO 2.6, I think VO 2.5 should be able to access
it.
> I hope this little utility will be useful.

> Regards
> TSDing

---

VO Source: Retrieve Table list and Table Structure from ODBC

Post by TSDin » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:20:07

are you looking for the location of MS-Access MDB file from a DSN ? not sure
if I understand correctly.

anyway, you will be able to see its location from the "ODBC Data Source
Administrator" in the "Control Panel". Simply select from the "USER DSN"
your Data Source Name and view its properties/configure.

This utility can also display DBF file structures, simply create a USER DSN
by using DBase or Fox ODBC driver from the "ODBC Data Source Administrator".
Specify this DSN in the utility and you will be able to retrieve all the
file structures.

Regards
TSDing

> Hi there,

> Thank you for the posting.

> Could you please tell me how to get the location of the table which is
> access using ODBC?

> Thank you

> > I have posted a small utility ( source code .aef  ) into the VO
knowledge
> > base at http://support.cavo.com . This utility retrieve a list of tables
> and
> > display table structure from ODBC DSN.

> > This utiltity is written VO 2.6, I think VO 2.5 should be able to access
> it.
> > I hope this little utility will be useful.

> > Regards
> > TSDing

> ---

VO Source: Retrieve Table list and Table Structure from ODBC

Post by Chuan Je » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:28:25

Hi TSDing,

What I mean was how do you get the info for a created System DSN location
using VO code. Sorry for not specify it correctly. Cheers

> are you looking for the location of MS-Access MDB file from a DSN ? not
sure
> if I understand correctly.

> anyway, you will be able to see its location from the "ODBC Data Source
> Administrator" in the "Control Panel". Simply select from the "USER DSN"
> your Data Source Name and view its properties/configure.

> This utility can also display DBF file structures, simply create a USER
DSN
> by using DBase or Fox ODBC driver from the "ODBC Data Source
Administrator".
> Specify this DSN in the utility and you will be able to retrieve all the
> file structures.

> Regards
> TSDing

> > Hi there,

> > Thank you for the posting.

> > Could you please tell me how to get the location of the table which is
> > access using ODBC?

> > Thank you

> > > I have posted a small utility ( source code .aef  ) into the VO
> knowledge
> > > base at http://support.cavo.com . This utility retrieve a list of
tables
> > and
> > > display table structure from ODBC DSN.

> > > This utiltity is written VO 2.6, I think VO 2.5 should be able to
access
> > it.
> > > I hope this little utility will be useful.

> > > Regards
> > > TSDing

> > ---

---

VO Source: Retrieve Table list and Table Structure from ODBC

Post by Robert van der Huls » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:38:47

Hi Chuan,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, at 09:28:25 [GMT +0100] (which was 10:28 where I live)
you wrote about: 'VO Source: Retrieve Table list and Table Structure from ODBC'

Quote:> What I mean was how do you get the info for a created System DSN location
> using VO code. Sorry for not specify it correctly. Cheers

System datasources:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC Data Sources

User datasources:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC Data Sources

You will find the contents of each datasource in the same
Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI branch!

--
Robert van der Hulst
AKA Mr. Data

1. Indexing Tables - MIB Table Structures

Hi, :o)

I'm writing up a custom MIB for my company's products.  We have 2
multiplexers that does exactly the same thing, the only difference is
that one has more interface card slots than the other.  I've tried to
make the MIB modular by having seperate MIB modules for different
functions or areas of the product.

I have a MIB for the big product and it has a card slot table with an
index from 1 to 16 (the no. of slots).  I also have a seperate MIB for
the smaller product with a card slot table index from 1 to 3.  I was
hoping the table will put in approriate table entries depending on
what slot the card is slotted into.  Eg if there was only one card in
the device, slotted in slot 2, then there will be an entry in the
table with an index num of 2.  Is that possible??

Example of table entry

bigProdCardSlotEntry {
       INDEX { slotNo }
where slotNo is between 1-16.  The smaller product one will look like
this

smallProdCardSlotEntry {
       INDEX { slotNo }

where slotNo is between 1-3.  Both tables have different names, but
the same name for their index.  I was then hoping to import the
indices into each interface card's MIB so there will be dependant
tables of cards that are slotted into the device.  The dependant
tables will be like this and have a 2nd index if they have a unique
property:

slotNo
  FROM bigProdModule
slotNo
  FROM smallProdModule (--These imports will be included in each
Interface Card MIB)

-- FXS card MIB
fXSCardTable {
        INDEX { SlotNo, PortNo }

--Ethernet card MIB
ethernetCardTable {
        INDEX { SlotNo, IPAddress}

-- MPS card MIB
MPSCardTable {
        INDEX { SlotNo }

The 2nd thing I want to know is if this type of importing is possible,
2 indices with the same name from diff tables being imported in.  To
me logically it doesn't seem to work as how will the MIB know which
SlotNo to use.  Do you kind of understand where I'm coming from?  I
don't want to make just a general table for the cardSlots, and
restrict it to 16 index values, and let that cover both the big
product and the little product, as our cards are hot swappable and
creating that kind of dynamic MIB will maybe cause the configurations
of other cards in the table to be interrupted.

This may on be the best design either.  If anyone has any suggests on
design or any improvement on what I have please suggest!! :o)

Thanking you,
MS

2. graphics in Textures

3. Tables, tables, tables

4. FontMonger and Type3

5. Subnode in table, Subtable in table, subtable in subtable in table

6. Suggestions PIC or 805X

7. Tables within tables vs. multi-dimensional tables

8. ZIP drive mounlist

9. How to get the LIST OF TABLE NAMES in VO from SQL Database?

10. Retrieve Table Name From View

11. Need Component or API that retrieves and manipulates MIB table

12. Retrieving information from System Tables