Arin429 question-Please help

Post by prash » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:16:26

Hi all,
  I did'nt know where to ask this question.Since Arinc429 protocol
will be used in avionics I am asking here,If this is not the right
group please let me know where to ask.
  I am totally confused over the function of bits 30 and 31(SSM
bits).Can any body explain with examples why these bits are used?

Thanks in advance,
Ashwath

Arin429 question-Please help

Post by mp » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:39:46

I do not more use 429 but I remember a status bit that reflect the data validity to make the difference between a normal operation and a test value. This could be dependant of the present hardware.

I need to check in documents for more details !

Marc PATRY
Axlog Ingnierie
152 alle de Barcelone
31000 Toulouse
www.axlog.fr

Quote:> Hi all,
>   I did'nt know where to ask this question.Since Arinc429 protocol
> will be used in avionics I am asking here,If this is not the right
> group please let me know where to ask.
>   I am totally confused over the function of bits 30 and 31(SSM
> bits).Can any body explain with examples why these bits are used?

> Thanks in advance,
> Ashwath

1. PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Hi. I am looking for MICROSOFT FILE COMPRESSION UTILITY VERSION 2.10. I
know
most of you will say that the highest is ver 2.00. Actually 2.50 is the
highest but that can only be run under a version of windows higher than
Windows 3.11. I am currently using Windows 3.11 and Visual Basic. When I
looked at my windows directory, I saw expand.exe version 2.10. When I
tested
the Windows files for compression under Microsoft File Compression
version
2.00, I found that they did not compress as well as Microsoft had done
them.
I realized that the only reason Microsoft supplied Microsoft Expansion
Utility version 2.10 was because they used Microsoft Compression Utility
version 2.10. By the way, EXPAND.EXE is the name of the file for
Microsoft
File Expansion Utility and COMPRESS.EXE is the name of the file for
Microsoft Compression Utility. I wanted to write my programs and
compress
them enough just like Microsoft. Note, I am not a big fan of pkzip and
other
archive utilities. I also realized that when Microsoft distributed their
products in which the files were decompressed through EXPAND.EXE ver
2.10
and when I tried to compress the same files(uncompressed after
installation)
through COMPRESS.EXE version 2.00, the size would be 30 to 40 percent
more
than the way Microsoft would do. All I am asking is for Microsoft File
Compression Utility version 2.10. If anyone has it, please email at

2. Help.. x2 upgrade

3. HELP - Time Critical Question (Need immediate help PLEASE)

4. Question re: non-functioning touchpads?

5. MSN Messenger 4.5 problem (Toshiba Laptop) PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

6. sub-directories and sub-webs

7. Please post Mechassult? Please please please

8. Microtek Scansuite software question?

9. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

10. HELP-HELP-HELP ME - PLEASE want to include internet pages to msword documents !

11. Help, help, oh God, please help

12. Please help newbie with scanner question

13. SCSI and scanner questions PLEASE HELP!!!