RTOS benchmark results and/or test suite sources available?

RTOS benchmark results and/or test suite sources available?

Post by Reid Simps » Wed, 10 Feb 1993 06:21:44

(My apologies if this is a FAQ... I just started reading this group...)

Are there any real-time OS benchmark suites* around? I realize
that they all have different system call interfaces, but a template
would be nice. I'm interested in the normal process parameters (context
switch, create/destroy), IPC throughput, etc.

In the same vein, I came across a paper entitled "Overview of Real-Time
Kernels at the Superconducting Super Collider Laboratory" by K. Low, S.
Acharya, M. Allen, E. Faught, D. Haenni, C. Kalbfleisch. My copy is a
reprint and bears no publication date or journal name. Anybody know when
this was published? Are these authors active/lurking in this group?

Any pointers would be useful...

Reid.

Reid Simpson                                                     Xylogics, Inc.
Software Engineer                            53 Third Ave. Burlington, MA 01803

RTOS benchmark results and/or test suite sources available?

Post by Bob Peb » Fri, 12 Feb 1993 16:45:43

Quote:>Are there any real-time OS benchmark suites* around?

How about the Rhealstone benchmarks?  They are described in the following
two articles.
- "Rhealstone: A Real-Time Benchmarking Proposal"  Dr. Dobb's Journal,
  Vol. 14, No. 2, February 1989
- "Implementing the Rhealstone Real-Time Benchmark"  Dr. Dobb's
  Journal, Vol. 15, No. 4, April 1990

Quote:>In the same vein, I came across a paper entitled "Overview of Real-Time
>Kernels at the Superconducting Super Collider Laboratory" by K. Low, S.
>Acharya, M. Allen, E. Faught, D. Haenni, C. Kalbfleisch. My copy is a
>reprint and bears no publication date or journal name. Anybody know when
>this was published? Are these authors active/lurking in this group?

According to my copy, the paper was presented at the 1991 IEEE Particle
Accelerator Conference in San Francisco on May 6-9, 1991 and was to be
published as a conference record.

Bob Pebly

Disclaimer: This posting represents the poster's view, not those of IBM.

1. Bench++ benchmark suite now available for Beta Testing

My "official" suite of C++ benchmarks is now available for Beta
testing.

The suite is based on the Ada PIWG suite, and therefore is
designed to test individual language features, with some small
applications and "traditional" benchmarks thrown in.

See:

        http://paul.rutgers.edu/~orost/bench_plus_plus.html  - Info
        http://paul.rutgers.edu/~orost/bench_plus_plus.tar.Z - Suite

        ftp://paul.rutgers.edu/pub/orost/README              - Info
        ftp://paul.rutgers.edu/pub/orost/bench++.tar.Z       - Suite

                                regards,
                                joe

--
Full Name:    Joseph M. Orost

SurfaceMail:  943 Holmdel Rd.; Cruz Plaza; Holmdel, NJ 07733
Phone:        +1 (908) 946-1115
Fax:          +1 (908) 946-9146
WWW:          http://paul.rutgers.edu/~orost

2. A1000 vs. Epson FX85 printer

3. Return To Previous Form

4. ISO IOMETER test suites, and a way to save results

5. A Remarkable Business Opportunity for Internet Service Providers

6. eCos 1.2.1 release - freely available open source RTOS

7. mutt-0.94.15: decrypt-save

8. NAS Parallel Benchmarks 2: results now available

9. NAS Parallel Benchmarks 2 results available

10. RTOS FAQ Source/RTOS Tutorial

11. Hartstone Benchmark Results Report Available

12. Desperately need unix benchmark test suites