Real-time vs real-time vs real time

Post by Mathai Jose » Sat, 17 Dec 1994 18:40:41

>        real time       when used as a noun (e.g.: "in real time")
>        real-time       when used as an adjective

When used in titles or at the start of a sentence, I suspect
it should be `Real-time' and not `Real-Time' on the grounds
that capitalization nevers occurs within a hyphenated word
except for a proper noun.

Thus one would have RtSS and not RTSS.

(Likewise, `Fault-tolerance' and not `Fault-Tolerance' ...
which would reduce FTCS to FtCS).

                        Mathai Joseph

1. what's the exact difference between Hard Real-Time and Soft Real-Time

Hi all
    I just wondering what is the exact difference hard real-time system and
soft real-time system?  Are they(soft or hard) refering to the operating
system? or the application combined with the RTOS?
If so how to classify the popular RTOS? eg. win CE, embedde linux, uCLinux,
eCOS, VxWorks etc. ?
Thanks

2. Call Detail Recording on Merlin Legend

3. Update on real-time CORBA and real-time DCOM

4. JPTUI 3.7 is now available

5. Best Real-time Exec / Real-time OS

6. newbee with a3020

7. What makes a system "real-time?" (Was: Real-Time references wanted)

8. Real-Time UNIX: guaranteed context switch times Vs interrupts

9. Is it 'real-time' or 'real time' ?

10. Real-time Harris (was Re: Real Time Risc)

11. "real-time" over a lan: token ring vs ethernet vs ?

12. Is Real Time Publish and Subscribe realy "real time"