ADS8260 - LXT970A 100-BASE-TX Reset problems

ADS8260 - LXT970A 100-BASE-TX Reset problems

Post by David J Edga » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:48:32

I'm using a Motorola ADS8260 (aka VADS) board and am having problems with
the reliability of the LXT970A PHY device.

When working in 100-Base-TX Half Duplex mode things are fine until the level
of traffic starts to increase (e.g. ping -f from a Linux) at which point the
LXT970A device will reset.

As far as I can see this reset is caused internally within the device - i.e.
its not caused by any software (BCSR or MII) action.

No errors are reported by the Ethernet Controller FCC2 but the LXT970 causes
an interrupt as FDS/MDINT goes low and a register dump confirms that a reset
has taken place.

As this is a commercial board I was wondering if anybody has either got
100-Base-TX to work reliably a high network loads or has seen a similar
problem?

Thanks,

Dave.

--
David J Edgar
Cedaryacht Limited

1. ADS8260 - LXT970A 100-BASE-TX Reset problems

[...]

2. public domain and copyrights

3. 100 base TX speed and PPC's

4. Pascal Compiler

5. 100 Base-Tx PMC cards

6. How Do You Publish Shareware?

7. FS: 3Com 10/100 Base-TX Card $58 New

8. VME to GPIB interface boards under VxWorks

9. Resetting level in LM14A to 100%

10. Resetting an NC-100 without losing data

11. Bootsoftware for SNI TX 100 wanted

12. 10 or 100 base T

13. Will Intel 82559-based 10/100 network cards work with Openstep 4.2/Intel?