Intelligent ISA Bus or PCI Bus Serial Cards

Intelligent ISA Bus or PCI Bus Serial Cards

Post by Iain Mackenzi » Fri, 09 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Would appreciate if anyone could help me trace a suitable Intelligent
Serial Card to save us reinventing the wheel.
Ideally this ISA Bus or PCI Bus Board will have at least 4
High Serial Ports - RS232 / RS422 Configurable, up to 38,400
Baud & on board processor or microcontroller [eg, MC68302,
MC68332 or similar] for which we will write our own application.

Is there a newsgroup dedicated to PCI Bus and/or ISA Bus
products.

Thanks in advance.

Iain
______________________________________

Iain Mackenzie
Senior Development Engineer
Concept Systems Ltd
1 Logie Mill
Edinburgh
Scotland  EH7 4HG

Tel:   +44 131 557 5595
Fax:   +44 131 557 2367

______________________________________

Post by Charles W. Hubba » Sun, 11 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> Would appreciate if anyone could help me trace a suitable Intelligent
> Serial Card to save us reinventing the wheel.
> Ideally this ISA Bus or PCI Bus Board will have at least 4
> High Serial Ports - RS232 / RS422 Configurable, up to 38,400
> Baud & on board processor or microcontroller [eg, MC68302,
> MC68332 or similar] for which we will write our own application.

I have used intelligent 8-port RS232 boards from Stargate Technolgies
before and was quite happy with them.  As I recall the board was built
around an Intel 80186.  I don't remember what the upper limit was on
speed and I don't remember if the ports could be configured as RS422
or not.  Boards came in ISA and MCA variants but that was four years
ago.  I'm sure they have a PCI version by now.

The board I used came with DOS drivers but was easy enough to talk to
directly.  We ended up not using the drivers.  I believe each RS-232
channel was given a certain abount of shared memory (2kB?) which was
split equally into transmit and receive buffers.  You could set high
and low water marks on the buffers to determine when to bother the PC
for servicing.

           Stargate Technologies
           29300 Aurora Rd
           Bentley Park South
           Solon, OH 44139
           (800)-STARGAT (722-7428)

Charlie Hubbard                   | As the great philosopher Bingo once

http://www.owt.com/users/chubbard | Java is its name-o."

1. ISA to ISA or PCI to ISA bus repeater

Does anyone know of a cheap (<$500 in quantity) ISA or PCI to ISA
bus repeater?  Slave chassis has only PIO slave devices - don't need
DMA.  But, I do need interrupts to be passed from the slave chassis
into the master chassis.

Many thanks,
Scott

Scott J. Carter
VitalCom, Inc.
15222 Del Amo Ave, Tustin, CA 92680
(714)247-4119/(800)888-0077 FAX (714)546-0084

3. 2 serial and 1 parallel card for ISA bus

4. ATI drivers and IBM P60/D

5. Vesa Local Bus vs. ISA Bus

6. Spy vs Spy 3 - 2 versions?

7. PCI bus master or not bus master?

8. wave file in tapi on vb

9. how can io-manager list equipment of the pci-bus or usb-bus

10. VxWorks Core API For ISA/EISA and PCI Bus

11. Need Spec for PC Bus (ISA,PCI,EISA)

12. Wanted: specs for PCI, ISA and EISA bus.

13. ISA,PCI Bus Benchmark HELP !!!!