differences between RTOS on DSP and RTOS on microcontroller

differences between RTOS on DSP and RTOS on microcontroller

Post by Tom » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi, all

who can tell me what differences between RTOS on DSP and RTOS on
microcontroller?
and tell me some free references in internet.

Thanks

Tom

differences between RTOS on DSP and RTOS on microcontroller

Post by Herma » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,

No diff really.  The main problem is one of architecture.  Some DSP
chips do not readily support the use of a procedure call stack, or are
squeezed for memory, but there is always a way around it. Thread-X and
Nucleus both work reasonably well on DSP and other chips.  See the
Accelerated Technologies web site.

Cheers,

Herman
http://www.agt.net/public/aerosoft

> Hi, all

> who can tell me what differences between RTOS on DSP and RTOS on
> microcontroller?
> and tell me some free references in internet.

> Thanks

> Tom

differences between RTOS on DSP and RTOS on microcontroller

Post by Emil P. Roja » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

The only difference might be in features. I.e. anyone
implementing an RTOS for a DSP would tend to believe
that I very limited set of features would be desirable.

A context switch on a DSP may be more expensive then
on a typical embedded processor, but this is not
a conceptual difference.

> Hi, all

> who can tell me what differences between RTOS on DSP and RTOS on
> microcontroller?
> and tell me some free references in internet.

> Thanks

> Tom

Emil P. Rojas

Lapel Software, Inc.