Suggested literature on real-time multitasking design techniques?

Suggested literature on real-time multitasking design techniques?

Post by Dave Mac » Thu, 09 May 1996 04:00:00

I have 2+ years experience in C programming, but I am
a new VxWorks user and have not done any real-time,
multitasking, priority based programming before.  I have
read and understand the concepts presented in the VxWorks
Programmers Guide, but was hoping someone out there could
suggest some material that does more than just define
functionality.  I am looking for good sources that talk about
program design concepts, structure charts, etc., when dealing
with designing the architecture of multitasking programs.

Your suggestion is greatly appreciated!

David Mack

810-524-8807
810-528-4264(FAX)

Post by Balbir Singh Gi » Fri, 10 May 1996 04:00:00

>I have 2+ years experience in C programming, but I am
>a new VxWorks user and have not done any real-time,
>multitasking, priority based programming before.  I have
>read and understand the concepts presented in the VxWorks
>Programmers Guide, but was hoping someone out there could
>suggest some material that does more than just define
>functionality.  I am looking for good sources that talk about
>program design concepts, structure charts, etc., when dealing
>with designing the architecture of multitasking programs.
>Your suggestion is greatly appreciated!
>David Mack

>810-524-8807
>810-528-4264(FAX)

I can recommend a few books on the subject.

1. The Art of Programming Embedded Systems - Jack G. Ganssle

2.  uC/OS The Real-Time Kernel       Published by: R&D Technical Books
    ISBN 0-13-031352-1

3. Embedded Systems Building Blocks   - Published by: R&D Technical
                                                          Books
    ISBN 0-13-359778-2

Books 2 and 3 are by Jean J. Labrosse.

And if you have access to the internet have a look at :

http://www-ccs.cs.umass.edu/publications.html

Post by Benoit Luqu » Sat, 11 May 1996 04:00:00

>I have 2+ years experience in C programming, but I am
>a new VxWorks user and have not done any real-time,
>multitasking, priority based programming before.  I have
>read and understand the concepts presented in the VxWorks
>Programmers Guide, but was hoping someone out there could
>suggest some material that does more than just define
>functionality.  I am looking for good sources that talk about
>program design concepts, structure charts, etc., when dealing
>with designing the architecture of multitasking programs.
>Your suggestion is greatly appreciated!

We recommend the use of SDL as a design method for Real Time Software.
You can get more information at http://www.tdr.dk/public/SDL/
If you are interested, I can mail to your attention a copy of our
Method Guideline for the design of real time applications using OMT,
SDL and MSC. We can also email a postscript version of this document.

You can also find information on our ObjectGeode toolset at
http://www.verilogusa.com/og.htm
This tool supports requirement analysis, graphical design for data,
architecture, communication and state machines, documentation
generation, simulation and code generation for VxWorks and other
Operating systems.

--

VERILOG                            Phone: +33-1-46.65.70.70
http://www.verilog.fr              Fax  : +33-1-46.65.77.38

1. LACATRE : Real Time Multitasking Design with a Graphical Tool

Some new software that allows a graphical development of real time
applications is now available via a ftp access. This package can be
found at :

                  cismsun.univ-lyon1.fr

in the following directory :

       /pub/nfs-mounted/ifhpserv.insa-lyon.fr/pc/lacatre

You will find, in that directory, two files :
     - readme.1st, giving some general information on the package;
     - la4.exe,    a pkzipped and self-extracting file.

LACATRE (Langage d'Aide a la Conception d'Applications Temps REel) is
a graphical language devoted to real time multitasking programming.
It is currently composed of two tools :
     - la4g.exe, the graphical tool,
     - la4c.exe, a C for iRMX programme generator.

More information is provided in the package.

We would welcome any feedback on this package.
Thank you very much for your interest and sorry in advance for
possible bugs
--
+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------+
| Mathieu MARANZANA         |                                              |

+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------+

2. How can i duplocate a database???? i 've tried mysqldump can get

3. Help- Literature on preemptive, multitasking design

4. Network Beard not Found - Please Help

5. Literature on preemptive, multitasking design?

6. DIAL UP ADAPTER

7. literature on preemptive multitasking design?

8. Is My CD Messed Up?

9. Real-time vs real-time vs real time

10. Real-Time Design Methodologies/State Machine Design Tools

11. looking for Real-Time/Multitasking kernels

12. PA, Software Engineer, C, UNIX, QNX, SQL, multitasking, real-time process control

13. Reply - Multitasking Real-Time Kernel