Embedded Codewarrior - where are the codewarrior groups?

Embedded Codewarrior - where are the codewarrior groups?

Post by David Hail » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:15:29

I just signed up to a news service Just Because I would have access to the
codewarrior.embedded newsgroups as listed on the
http://www.metrowerks.com/support/newsgroups/ website.  Do these groups
exist and is my problem that www.newsville.com doesn't support those groups?
Or - do the groups not really exist?

I'm having a small bit of trouble getting Metrowerks to answer my questions
without requiring every last line of sourcecode in a fully-compilable unit.
I'm going to keep working with them, but meanwhile I'm looking for some
newsgroup support.

David Haile
Fort Collins, CO

Embedded Codewarrior - where are the codewarrior groups?

Post by david lindaue » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 01:56:56

these groups may be far enough off the beaten track that the major web news
services don't offer them.  If you can go through an ISP (with a traditional
news reader) your ISP may work with you on getting these groups registered so
you can see them.

(note also that sometimes vendors will have their own newsgroup server that you
have to attach to explicitly... i.e. in addition to attaching to your ISP's main
newsgroup server you direct your news reader to attach to the vendor's newsgroup
server.  I would have expected metrowerks' groups to work like that given how
specific they are in nature (general audiences aren't interested), but from
glancing at the page you have given it doesn't seem that is the method they
chose)

David

> I just signed up to a news service Just Because I would have access to the
> codewarrior.embedded newsgroups as listed on the
> http://www.metrowerks.com/support/newsgroups/ website.  Do these groups
> exist and is my problem that www.newsville.com doesn't support those groups?
> Or - do the groups not really exist?

> I'm having a small bit of trouble getting Metrowerks to answer my questions
> without requiring every last line of sourcecode in a fully-compilable unit.
> I'm going to keep working with them, but meanwhile I'm looking for some
> newsgroup support.

> David Haile
> Fort Collins, CO

Embedded Codewarrior - where are the codewarrior groups?

Post by David Hail » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 02:11:14

Thanks for the info.  Newsville's website sort of indicates that it handles
low-traffic groups like this one, but when you try to search for it - it
doesn't find anything.  I'm cancelling Newsville because codewarrior isn't
available.  Besides that, I'm PO'd that there doesn't seem to be a "Cancel
My Account" button anywhere on their site.  I have to depend on email'ing
their support group to get my account cancelled.  I think it should be
easier than that, especially for new users.

> these groups may be far enough off the beaten track that the major web
news
> services don't offer them.  If you can go through an ISP (with a
traditional
> news reader) your ISP may work with you on getting these groups registered
so
> you can see them.

> (note also that sometimes vendors will have their own newsgroup server
that you
> have to attach to explicitly... i.e. in addition to attaching to your
ISP's main
> newsgroup server you direct your news reader to attach to the vendor's
newsgroup
> server.  I would have expected metrowerks' groups to work like that given
how
> specific they are in nature (general audiences aren't interested), but
from
> glancing at the page you have given it doesn't seem that is the method
they
> chose)

> David

> > I just signed up to a news service Just Because I would have access to
the
> > codewarrior.embedded newsgroups as listed on the
> > http://www.metrowerks.com/support/newsgroups/ website.  Do these groups
> > exist and is my problem that www.newsville.com doesn't support those
groups?
> > Or - do the groups not really exist?

> > I'm having a small bit of trouble getting Metrowerks to answer my
questions
> > without requiring every last line of sourcecode in a fully-compilable
unit.
> > I'm going to keep working with them, but meanwhile I'm looking for some
> > newsgroup support.

> > David Haile
> > Fort Collins, CO

Embedded Codewarrior - where are the codewarrior groups?

Post by MWRo » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 02:35:21

I haven't seen the original message here.

If you post a question with CodeWarrior or Metrowerks or CW or MW in the
subject title I will find it and read it and pass this on to our
engineers.

We have codewarrior.embedded and codewarrior.embedded.hiware newsgroups
as well as other codewarrior newsgroups.

These are hosted on the supernews.com server and are public and  are not
monitored newsgroups.  You should be able to ask your ISP provider to
carry these newsgroups.   There are many newsgroups available and most
providers will not subscribe to them unless specifically asked.

I looked at www.newsville.com and they only carry about half the
newsgroups available but you can request them.

Here are some other options for you if you news provider will not add
the codewarrior.* hierarchy of newsgroups

http://newsone.net/   Carries some of the codewarrior groups,  mac, palm
and windows,  you can request others.  Web based, it is free

http://www.newsranger.com/
Includes all of the codewarrior.* hiearchy   Web based, it is free

http://newsguy.com/   has a small fee but is not web hosted

http://www.supernews.net/  has a small fee but is not web hosted

Hope this helps.

Ron

Ron Liechty

Ombudsman for Metrowerks Corporation

--
 CodeWarrior for Macintosh, v7 and CodeWarrior for Windows, v7
                 are shipping now !!

Embedded Codewarrior - where are the codewarrior groups?

Post by David Hail » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:06:00

What content is within codewarrior.embedded.hiware?

> [...]

> >> http://www.metrowerks.com/support/newsgroups/ website.  Do these groups
> >> exist and is my problem that www.newsville.com doesn't support those
groups?
> >> Or - do the groups not really exist?

> >> I'm having a small bit of trouble getting Metrowerks to answer my
questions
> >> without requiring every last line of sourcecode in a fully-compilable
unit.
> >> I'm going to keep working with them, but meanwhile I'm looking for some
> >> newsgroup support.

> >> David Haile
> >> Fort Collins, CO

> --
>  CodeWarrior for Macintosh, v7 and CodeWarrior for Windows, v7
>                  are shipping now !!
>       Call  1-800-377-5416 US and Canada Only

Embedded Codewarrior - where are the codewarrior groups?

Post by David Hail » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 07:29:25

I cancelled my newsville account and have subscribed to supernews and found
these groups per suggestions.