Borland TDREMOTE - patching it for non-8250 UARTS (AMD 80188)

Borland TDREMOTE - patching it for non-8250 UARTS (AMD 80188)

Post by A » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Anyone got any pointers to patching TDREMOTE for debugging via the serial
line on a target AMD 188 board?

The 1888 has integral UARTS but unfortunately they are not 8250
compatible, thus rendering remote debugging with TDREMOTE impossible.

Have disassembled TDREMOTE using Sourcer but can't quite see where the
UART control is located!

Adrian

WWW    WWW Adrian Gothard
WWW ww WWW White Horse Design
WWWWWWWWWW

---
It's good to be me, yes, Heh heh heh, 'purrr', 'purrr'.

Borland TDREMOTE - patching it for non-8250 UARTS (AMD 80188)

Post by Dave Nadle » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Do you mean debugging a target AMD 188 from a host PC ?
If so, the Paradigm tools allow you to do this; I think they
have a prebuilt de* stub including the AMD186/8
serial port support (the ES and EM are different). See:
    http://www.veryComputer.com/
I had a quick look at the BC library sources and I don't
think they include debug stub for TDREMOTE...

Hope this helps, Best Regards, Dave Nadler

> Anyone got any pointers to patching TDREMOTE for debugging via the serial
> line on a target AMD 188 board?

> The 1888 has integral UARTS but unfortunately they are not 8250
> compatible, thus rendering remote debugging with TDREMOTE impossible.

> Have disassembled TDREMOTE using Sourcer but can't quite see where the
> UART control is located!

> Adrian

> WWW    WWW Adrian Gothard
> WWW ww WWW White Horse Design
> WWWWWWWWWW

> ---
> It's good to be me, yes, Heh heh heh, 'purrr', 'purrr'.

Borland TDREMOTE - patching it for non-8250 UARTS (AMD 80188)

Post by Grant Beatti » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

You should be able to get everything you need from either www.amd.com or
www.devtools.com.  They have prepackaged stuff that should work for you.

GB

> Anyone got any pointers to patching TDREMOTE for debugging via the serial
> line on a target AMD 188 board?

> The 1888 has integral UARTS but unfortunately they are not 8250
> compatible, thus rendering remote debugging with TDREMOTE impossible.

> Have disassembled TDREMOTE using Sourcer but can't quite see where the
> UART control is located!

> Adrian

> WWW    WWW Adrian Gothard
> WWW ww WWW White Horse Design
> WWWWWWWWWW

> ---
> It's good to be me, yes, Heh heh heh, 'purrr', 'purrr'.

Borland TDREMOTE - patching it for non-8250 UARTS (AMD 80188)

Post by A » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

scribbled these words:

Quote:>> Anyone got any pointers to patching TDREMOTE for debugging via the serial
>> line on a target AMD 188 board?
>> The 1888 has integral UARTS but unfortunately they are not 8250
>> compatible, thus rendering remote debugging with TDREMOTE impossible.
>> Have disassembled TDREMOTE using Sourcer but can't quite see where the
>> UART control is located!
>Do you mean debugging a target AMD 188 from a host PC ?

Yes.

Quote:>If so, the Paradigm tools allow you to do this; I think they
>have a prebuilt de* stub including the AMD186/8
>serial port support (the ES and EM are different). See:
>    http://www.veryComputer.com/
>I had a quick look at the BC library sources and I don't
>think they include debug stub for TDREMOTE...

I wanted a cheaper solution than Paradigm!
Later we can "upgrade" it to that of course.

Adrian

WWW    WWW Adrian Gothard
WWW ww WWW White Horse Design
WWWWWWWWWW

---
It's good to be me, yes, Heh heh heh, 'purrr', 'purrr'.

1. disconnect tied to 8250 uart???

I have a 486 with 32mb ram running win3.1        Just had a new
dedicated phone line installed.  Problem? I keep getting disconnected
while on the web -- rarely if ever in news -- and believe that my
problem may be the old 8250 uart.   Anyone have any thoughts or
experience on that?   I can pick up a new serial board with a 16550A
uart quite reasonably and looks very simple to install where the
old/current one is.  Do you think that will solve my problem?   The
only way I don't get disconnected is if I clear the cache while in
NN3.0 then exit, the restart.   If I don't do it frequently enough,
i.e. like every 6th screen I go to, I get kicked off..  Seems like a
lot of work to go thru.   Adding the 16mb of ram helped, but didn't
eliminate the problem.  Also, I have 620k free memory so I know that's
not the problem.    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. I HATE RPSON!! Please save my hair!!!

3. 8250 UART

4. Line level audio

5. INTEL 8250 UART

6. winsock

7. Even/Odd Parity Problems w/ MV2700 & 8250 UART

8. DISREGARD THIS POST

9. 28.8K External Modem & UART 8250?

10. MS-Kermit 3.13, Windows, "Unknown hardware for port", 8250/16550 UART

11. MSX 2 Philips 8250 HS/ Looking for out of order MSX 2 8250

12. Dell 8250

13. 8250 vs 16550