Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Lewin A.R.W. Edward » Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:24:16



I want to build the gnu toolchain in order to work with eCos on an ARM7T
platform, but I'm having big trouble trying to achieve this under Cygwin
(latest, 1.1.4 DLL).

Here's the catch: If I use the latest (20001101) core and g++ snapshot,
there are two issues:

1. --target=thumb-elf is deprecated in this version (instead use -mthumb
parameter to gcc), and I have to use --target=arm-elf, and
2. I cannot apply the two patches mentioned by Cygnus, and one of the link
ops fails missing a couple of functions.

If on the other hand I follow the eCos install process to the letter and use
the gcc 2.95.2 sources, I can build binutils fine with --target=thumb-elf,
but when I try to configure gcc I get [several pages skipped] then:

checking if mkdir takes one argument... no
Configuration thumb-unknown-elf not supported
Configure in /tmp/build/gcc/gcc failed, exiting.

Yes, my mount points are in binary mode. I can build the same configuration
fine under Linux, but not under Cygwin. This is a very major pain in the ass
because I want to use the Windows-based eCos configuration tool.

I suppose I could try building the 2.95.2 source for arm-elf, but that means
no thumb instructions and reduced performance, which is going to be
important to me.

Anyone got any ideas? This should have been the simple part :(

--
-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Personal http://www.larwe.com/ and http://www.zws.com/
Work http://www.digi-frame.com/

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Akos Kis » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Hi!

I recently built the gnupro toolkit for arm/thumb on both linux and cygwin.
But I used the gnupro toolkit 99r1 and cygwin b20.1, not the latest
releases. Now it works. The cygwin version has some minor problems (for
example gdb doesnot work for me, but the rest works fine).

If you need the sources for gptk 99r1 (they are available under gpl),
contact me.

-Akos Kiss

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Lewin A.R.W. Edward » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Quote:> I recently built the gnupro toolkit for arm/thumb on both linux and
cygwin.
> But I used the gnupro toolkit 99r1 and cygwin b20.1, not the latest
> releases. Now it works. The cygwin version has some minor problems (for
> example gdb doesnot work for me, but the rest works fine).

Hi, Akos!

The ultimate question is: can I build eCos using this toolchain?

I cannot spare the months to develop my own Ethernet driver and TCP/IP
stack; I want to use eCos because it has out-of-box support for the Cirrus
EP7212 development board EDB7212, including ethernet and serial support. Our
final product will essentially be the 7212 eval board circuit with the parts
we are not using shaved out of the design.

It seems there are some random problems with the build process. I have
eventually managed to build the 2.95.2 toolchain for arm-elf (note: not
thumb) on Win2000. However I had tried this process before without success.
It is a baffling mystery why it has worked sometimes and not always.

One thing I would find very helpful, if you have it, is a sample "hello
world" application for ARM with GNU toolchain; I would like to take a good
makefile and startup code rather than trying to start from nothing.

--
-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Personal http://www.larwe.com/ and http://www.zws.com/
Work http://www.digi-frame.com/

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Jens Heili » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00



> > I recently built the gnupro toolkit for arm/thumb on both linux and
> cygwin.
> > But I used the gnupro toolkit 99r1 and cygwin b20.1, not the latest
> > releases. Now it works. The cygwin version has some minor problems (for
> > example gdb doesnot work for me, but the rest works fine).

> It seems there are some random problems with the build process. I have
> eventually managed to build the 2.95.2 toolchain for arm-elf (note: not
> thumb) on Win2000. However I had tried this process before without success.
> It is a baffling mystery why it has worked sometimes and not always.

have you tried to "unset LIB" and "unset INCLUDE" in the shell before
starting the build process? I don't know if that's related to the error
message you get, but this helped me build RTEMS under cygwin.

The problem seems to be, that LIB and INCLUDE are set by Windows, so you
need to unset them under cygwin.

HTH

--
jens
                                          __      --<
                                         <_!-------!
Jens Heilig                              _ ! \     !\  _

http://heilig.home.pages.de/          |  /  |    \!_|__>  |
                                       \ _ /         \ _ /
                                      Take a hike on a bike
  Anor kaluva tielyanna !

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Kai Ruot » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00


On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:04:05 +0100, "Akos Kiss"


>I recently built the gnupro toolkit for arm/thumb on both linux and cygwin.
>But I used the gnupro toolkit 99r1 and cygwin b20.1, not the latest
>releases. Now it works. The cygwin version has some minor problems (for
>example gdb doesnot work for me, but the rest works fine).

 The GNUPro-99r1p1 sources have been downloadable since January-2000
via the Hitachi America site:

  http://semiconductor.hitachi.com/repository/tools/Gnutool.html

 But to get the 'thumb-elf' support into gcc-2.95.2, only the config
files for it are necessary. So it is really stupid for a modem user
to download the Hitachi's 100 Mbytes. And a little selfish from those
having a no-cost line (someone else like the taxpayers pay the line
costs) to not offer to email anything less-than-10kbytes stuff from
those big GNU distributions now on the net ;-) In the old good times
people still cared about the net-bandwidth, not any more, as this
long message shows (this note was added afterwards when seeing how
long this message came).

 I remember having taken the 'thumb-elf' config stuff from the
eCos-1.2.1 DevTools sources (gcc-2.9-arm-1990321) or from the
egcs-snapshots from the autumn-1999... No problems with the build,
the 'thumb-elf'-Lego-piece seemed to fit quite well to the earlier
gcc-2.95.2 pieces...

 Ok, taking the 'gcc/configure' into an editor and searching for
'thumb' would lead to the 'thumb-*-elf*' config entry, in the GCC
sources which include the 'thumb-elf' support (like GNUPro). Clipping
and pasting it to the 'gcc-2.95.2/gcc/configure', into a suitable
place (the 'case's are alphabetized), and copying the config files
it mentions ('telf.h', 't-thumb-elf' ?) into
'gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config/arm', should be all what is needed... Then
just configure, build and be happy...

 There can be some minor problems with macros, but everyone who is
not a newbie in C can solve those problems. The '99r1p1' should be
quite near 2.95.2, so I wouldn't expect any problems...

 Of course I can email my 'thumb-elf' config stuff from my gcc-2.95.2
sources, or snailmail a prebuilt toolset for 'thumb-elf' for Win32-
host (Mingw-hosted, built under Linux), on a CDR against something
else like the Hitachi-99r1p1 distribution on a CDR too (if Hitachi
now sends their free November-2000 CDROM with the 99r1p1 sources,
then against something else as 'big' from the net...).

 How to build under Windoze is then another issue which I wouldn't
like to touch. I can understand that some people may have big troubles
to find any other Unix-like build environment (like Linux), than only
Windoze and Cygwin, but then that is the big problem, not how to build
a toolset on the expected Unix-like system. Who has ever claimed that
all Cygwin-stuff must be built under Cygwin, all DOS/DJGPP2-stuff
under DOS, all thumb-elf stuff under a thumb-elf system etc., when
cross-compiling has been made possible when using GCC.

 At least downloadable Linux-to-Mingw toolsets can be searched via
'www.mingw.org', probably Linux-to-Cygwin toolsets are also
downloadable. All those CR/LF-issues, crashing builds because of some
uncompatible 'feature' in Cygwin etc. will be avoided, if switching to
Linux or some other real Unix as the build environment for the
Win32-stuff (Cygwin/Mingw). The run-environment for the tools may then
be what it is, but at least the build-time problems are mostly
history...

Cheers, Kai

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Lewin A.R.W. Edward » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Hello Jens,

Quote:> > It seems there are some random problems with the build process. I have
> > eventually managed to build the 2.95.2 toolchain for arm-elf (note: not
> > thumb) on Win2000. However I had tried this process before without
success.

> have you tried to "unset LIB" and "unset INCLUDE" in the shell before
> starting the build process? I don't know if that's related to the error

I checked, and there are no such variables in my Windows environment. The PC
I am using to compile this has Win2000 installed bare, no other software on
it (I can't use NT-based OS for most of my development work because of
hardware incompatibilities). I think you probably had LIB and INCLUDE set by
some other native Windows compiler you have installed.

I intend to get this built, then transfer the binaries over to my main
(Win98) PC. The reason for building under NT is because Red Hat says you
can't build these tools under Win9x.

--
-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Personal http://www.larwe.com/ and http://www.zws.com/
Work http://www.digi-frame.com/

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Lewin A.R.W. Edward » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Hello, Kai!

(I recognize your name from somewhere... maybe we have talked before? Maybe
I have some piece of software you wrote? :)

Quote:>  But to get the 'thumb-elf' support into gcc-2.95.2, only the config
> files for it are necessary. So it is really stupid for a modem user
> to download the Hitachi's 100 Mbytes.
> And a little selfish from those
> having a no-cost line (someone else like the taxpayers pay the line

Well, this is America here.. broadband is cheap (I can get 640kbps DSL
unlimited access for free in my area, only have to buy the modem). People
are more and more considering the entire Internet as a kind of
speed-impaired branch of their LAN.

Quote:>  I remember having taken the 'thumb-elf' config stuff from the
> eCos-1.2.1 DevTools sources (gcc-2.9-arm-1990321) or from the
> egcs-snapshots from the autumn-1999... No problems with the build,
> the 'thumb-elf'-Lego-piece seemed to fit quite well to the earlier
> gcc-2.95.2 pieces...

OK, I did not think of that one. I will try it. Thanks very much for this
suggestion. Have you successfully built eCos using this resulting set of
tools?

Quote:>  There can be some minor problems with macros, but everyone who is
> not a newbie in C can solve those problems. The '99r1p1' should be
> quite near 2.95.2, so I wouldn't expect any problems...

Well, I am definitely not a newbie in C :) (I've been working fulltime in C
for ... oooh ... 10 years? more?), but I am not a guru at building and
maintaining gcc, also I am totally new to eCos.

Quote:>  Of course I can email my 'thumb-elf' config stuff from my gcc-2.95.2
> sources, or snailmail a prebuilt toolset for 'thumb-elf' for Win32-

Snailmailing binaries is I think overkill for the situation... :))) Only if
it is no trouble to you, if you could mail your configure script and the two
header files you mentioned, it would be useful.

Quote:> host (Mingw-hosted, built under Linux), on a CDR against something
> else like the Hitachi-99r1p1 distribution on a CDR too (if Hitachi
> now sends their free November-2000 CDROM with the 99r1p1 sources,
> then against something else as 'big' from the net...).

Hey, if you want me to download this stuff and burn it to a CD-R for you,
that is no problem; let me know what you want and I will download it
overnight and burn the next day. CDs are cheap, bandwidth is free. I'm so
glad my employer brought me to this country :)))))))))))))) One day it will
even have a President, probably.

Quote:>  How to build under Windoze is then another issue which I wouldn't
> like to touch. I can understand that some people may have big troubles
> to find any other Unix-like build environment (like Linux), than only

Hey there, I am not wedded to Windows! :) But most of my hardware
development tools (EPROM burner, other programmable IC burners, JTAG
sniffer, etc) only run in DOS (or maybe OS/2 DOS box ;). So I am basically
limited to running Win9x/ME on my development PCs. Yes, I could put dual
boot Linux on my machine, but I really don't want the maintenance and the
annoyance of having a partitioned hard drive (umsdos is slow!) etc.

Quote:> Windoze and Cygwin, but then that is the big problem, not how to build
> a toolset on the expected Unix-like system. Who has ever claimed that

Hmm? I don't think my problem stems from building inside Windows. I was also
trying the exact same build process under Red Hat Linux, it gives the same
errors. Actually I would be satisfied to get a working toolchain for Linux,
but it is preferable to get a Cygwin or mingw32 set. Cygwin is the most
preferred because it is closest to the Red Hat reference environment
(meaning that I will have to do the minimum of massage-work when some
updates arrive).

Quote:> all Cygwin-stuff must be built under Cygwin, all DOS/DJGPP2-stuff
> under DOS, all thumb-elf stuff under a thumb-elf system etc., when
> cross-compiling has been made possible when using GCC.

I would rather not try to cross-compile Cygwin binaries on another system; I
already have enough complexity I don't understand here :)

--
-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Personal http://www.larwe.com/ and http://www.zws.com/
Work http://www.digi-frame.com/

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Robin Mitr » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Have you, by any chance succeeded in building a mingw hosted
arm-elf-insight?

Robin


> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:04:05 +0100, "Akos Kiss"

> >I recently built the gnupro toolkit for arm/thumb on both linux and
cygwin.
> >But I used the gnupro toolkit 99r1 and cygwin b20.1, not the latest
> >releases. Now it works. The cygwin version has some minor problems (for
> >example gdb doesnot work for me, but the rest works fine).

>  The GNUPro-99r1p1 sources have been downloadable since January-2000
> via the Hitachi America site:

>   http://semiconductor.hitachi.com/repository/tools/Gnutool.html

>  But to get the 'thumb-elf' support into gcc-2.95.2, only the config
> files for it are necessary. So it is really stupid for a modem user
> to download the Hitachi's 100 Mbytes. And a little selfish from those
> having a no-cost line (someone else like the taxpayers pay the line
> costs) to not offer to email anything less-than-10kbytes stuff from
> those big GNU distributions now on the net ;-) In the old good times
> people still cared about the net-bandwidth, not any more, as this
> long message shows (this note was added afterwards when seeing how
> long this message came).

>  I remember having taken the 'thumb-elf' config stuff from the
> eCos-1.2.1 DevTools sources (gcc-2.9-arm-1990321) or from the
> egcs-snapshots from the autumn-1999... No problems with the build,
> the 'thumb-elf'-Lego-piece seemed to fit quite well to the earlier
> gcc-2.95.2 pieces...

>  Ok, taking the 'gcc/configure' into an editor and searching for
> 'thumb' would lead to the 'thumb-*-elf*' config entry, in the GCC
> sources which include the 'thumb-elf' support (like GNUPro). Clipping
> and pasting it to the 'gcc-2.95.2/gcc/configure', into a suitable
> place (the 'case's are alphabetized), and copying the config files
> it mentions ('telf.h', 't-thumb-elf' ?) into
> 'gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config/arm', should be all what is needed... Then
> just configure, build and be happy...

>  There can be some minor problems with macros, but everyone who is
> not a newbie in C can solve those problems. The '99r1p1' should be
> quite near 2.95.2, so I wouldn't expect any problems...

>  Of course I can email my 'thumb-elf' config stuff from my gcc-2.95.2
> sources, or snailmail a prebuilt toolset for 'thumb-elf' for Win32-
> host (Mingw-hosted, built under Linux), on a CDR against something
> else like the Hitachi-99r1p1 distribution on a CDR too (if Hitachi
> now sends their free November-2000 CDROM with the 99r1p1 sources,
> then against something else as 'big' from the net...).

>  How to build under Windoze is then another issue which I wouldn't
> like to touch. I can understand that some people may have big troubles
> to find any other Unix-like build environment (like Linux), than only
> Windoze and Cygwin, but then that is the big problem, not how to build
> a toolset on the expected Unix-like system. Who has ever claimed that
> all Cygwin-stuff must be built under Cygwin, all DOS/DJGPP2-stuff
> under DOS, all thumb-elf stuff under a thumb-elf system etc., when
> cross-compiling has been made possible when using GCC.

>  At least downloadable Linux-to-Mingw toolsets can be searched via
> 'www.mingw.org', probably Linux-to-Cygwin toolsets are also
> downloadable. All those CR/LF-issues, crashing builds because of some
> uncompatible 'feature' in Cygwin etc. will be avoided, if switching to
> Linux or some other real Unix as the build environment for the
> Win32-stuff (Cygwin/Mingw). The run-environment for the tools may then
> be what it is, but at least the build-time problems are mostly
> history...

> Cheers, Kai

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Jonathan Larmo » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 10:42:24




Quote:

>Here's the catch: If I use the latest (20001101) core and g++ snapshot,
>there are two issues:

>1. --target=thumb-elf is deprecated in this version (instead use -mthumb
>parameter to gcc), and I have to use --target=arm-elf, and

That's correct. The documentation has lagged a bit here. I've fixed that
a bit.

Quote:>2. I cannot apply the two patches mentioned by Cygnus, and one of the link
>ops fails missing a couple of functions.

Can you give some more details?

Quote:>If on the other hand I follow the eCos install process to the letter and use
>the gcc 2.95.2 sources, I can build binutils fine with --target=thumb-elf,
>but when I try to configure gcc I get [several pages skipped] then:

>checking if mkdir takes one argument... no
>Configuration thumb-unknown-elf not supported
>Configure in /tmp/build/gcc/gcc failed, exiting.

>Yes, my mount points are in binary mode. I can build the same configuration
>fine under Linux, but not under Cygwin. This is a very major pain in the ass
>because I want to use the Windows-based eCos configuration tool.

No. gcc 2.95.2 definitely cannot successfully configure with --target=thumb-elf

Jifl
--
Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow."  ||  These opinions are all my own fault

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Kai Ruot » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00


On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:11:32 GMT, "Robin Mitra"


>Have you, by any chance succeeded in building a mingw hosted
>arm-elf-insight?

 Yes, but the RDI-support is missing. The 'gdb/rdi-share' routines
are for Unix-like terminal-I/O, so Cygwin works but Mingw needs
routines for Windoze. The 'ser-win32s.c' used for the 'remote' could
perhaps help to get native-RDI routines, but I haven't looked at this.

 So currently the 'help target' shows:

------------------------ clip -----------------------------------
target async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target exec -- Use an executable file as a target
target extended-async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target extended-remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target rdp -- Use a remote ARM system which uses the ARM Remote
Debugging Protocol
target remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target sim -- Use the compiled-in simulator
------------------------ clip -----------------------------------

 Just like a Devil now, don't like Angels...

 For the original topic: The Andy Hare's ARM-tools distribution at:

   http://www.ahare.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm

could include Thumb-support too. I read the diary there about all
the problems met, and understood that the current binaries are
from the GCC-snapshots (arm-elf and thumb-elf in one compiler).
If someone has tried these Cygwin-hosted tools, some feedback
here would be useful...

Cheers, Kai

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Grant Edwar » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00



>>Have you, by any chance succeeded in building a mingw hosted
>>arm-elf-insight?

> Yes, but the RDI-support is missing. The 'gdb/rdi-share' routines
>are for Unix-like terminal-I/O, so Cygwin works but Mingw needs
>routines for Windoze. The 'ser-win32s.c' used for the 'remote' could
>perhaps help to get native-RDI routines, but I haven't looked at this.

It won't work with RDI via Ethernet either?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I will invent "TIDY
                                  at               BOWL"...
                               visi.com            

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Craig Newe » Sun, 19 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Hi All,



>> Yes, but the RDI-support is missing. The 'gdb/rdi-share' routines
>>are for Unix-like terminal-I/O, so Cygwin works but Mingw needs
>>routines for Windoze. The 'ser-win32s.c' used for the 'remote' could
>>perhaps help to get native-RDI routines, but I haven't looked at this.

>It won't work with RDI via Ethernet either?

  I have found that even when you do get serial port support added to gdb
on any Win32 platform, the fact that the serial port drivers in any Win32
OS can not support speeds greater than 19200 without loosing characters
makes it a waste of time.  Somehow the Win32 PPP stack manages to use the
serial port at 115200 without dropping characters but that must have some
kernel hacks ...

  The best method if you are set on using a Win32 platform is to get an
external "terminal server" (i.e. small box with ethernet and serial
connectors).  The RDI over TCP support in GDB works fine on all the Win32
platforms that I have tried it on.

        Thanks,

                CraigN
--

      Free Spirit                 icbm:  N 4238'47" W 7118'19"

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Andreas Andersso » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00



> Hi All,



> >> Yes, but the RDI-support is missing. The 'gdb/rdi-share' routines
> >>are for Unix-like terminal-I/O, so Cygwin works but Mingw needs
> >>routines for Windoze. The 'ser-win32s.c' used for the 'remote' could
> >>perhaps help to get native-RDI routines, but I haven't looked at this.

> >It won't work with RDI via Ethernet either?

>   I have found that even when you do get serial port support added to gdb
> on any Win32 platform, the fact that the serial port drivers in any Win32
> OS can not support speeds greater than 19200 without loosing characters
> makes it a waste of time.  Somehow the Win32 PPP stack manages to use the
> serial port at 115200 without dropping characters but that must have some
> kernel hacks ...

The serial port drivers on win32 platforms can certainly support higher
speeds, but I have a feeling you'd better have a newer uart with FIFO
support if you want to try for 115200. (Hardware flow control wouldn't
hurt a bit, either.)

I'm using the serial ports at 38400 (no flow control) with no special
tricks in a small program and I haven't had any problems so far. I must
have tried it on 4-5 different computers, some rather old, so I'd say your
bad experiences with this are _probably_ program related.

Quote:>   The best method if you are set on using a Win32 platform is to get an
> external "terminal server" (i.e. small box with ethernet and serial
> connectors).  The RDI over TCP support in GDB works fine on all the Win32
> platforms that I have tried it on.

That's nice to know. I have been playing with my JEENI all day and I have
no intention whatsoever of going back to serial debugging...

/Andreas

 
 
 

Help building arm-thumb gnu tools on Cygnus (for eCos)

Post by Tauno Voipi » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00



Quote:

>   I have found that even when you do get serial port support added to gdb
> on any Win32 platform, the fact that the serial port drivers in any Win32
> OS can not support speeds greater than 19200 without loosing characters
> makes it a waste of time.  Somehow the Win32 PPP stack manages to use the
> serial port at 115200 without dropping characters but that must have some
> kernel hacks ...

I'm running ARM/Thumb remote debug using the GDB remote protocol on Cygwin
at 38400 bits/s without a hitch. The computer is an old Pentium 166 MHz with
NT4.

Tauno Voipio

 
 
 

1. Building Cygnus GNU tools for VxWorks?

OK, I got the "official" GNU sources CD from WRS and installed the
source code.  There is, of course, no documentation that I can find.

Does anyone have any instructions on building these "official" versions
of the code?  I see that the host/src/gnu.* directories contain a
"makefile" which tries to do something sane, but it seems to expect to
have a lot of infrastructure which I don't have.

I could probably whack it out by hand, but there must be some
semi-official way to do it.  I've built Dave Korn's 2.95.3 port of the
GNU tools, etc. but I want to get these official sources built as well.

Any hints?

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.

2. PC Tools type util

3. ThreadX optimized for ARM, Strong ARM and Thumb architectures.

4. ANNOUNCE: AppLocalize 2.5 Beta Version

5. Cygnus DLLs and the WRS tools (GNU indent)

6. alternative OSes for DECstation? (MIPS not VAX)

7. Cygnus eCos experience ?

8. Need to contact Glen Bredon of Prosel 16

9. Cygnus eCos: an Open Source RTOS

10. ELF object file format with GNU tools for ARM architecture

11. building Minix with c68gas and the gnu tools.

12. Thumb Arm