OpenGL Camera Matrices from 3D Studio Max

OpenGL Camera Matrices from 3D Studio Max

Post by Dan Borthwi » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 13:43:40

I'm a reasonably experienced OpenGL programmer but very new to 3DS so
I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me with the following
problem:

I would like to use 3DS rendered content in my OpenGL app. Is it
possible to extract the 3DS camera parameters in such a way that I can
easily (and very accurately) set up the equivalent Camera View matrix
in OpenGL? Ideally, I'd like to write a script to render a scene from
multiple cameras and write all of the camera matrices to a file.

If this is easier to achieve in Maya, that would be just as useful.

Many thanks in advance,

Dan

1. Wanted: OpenGL, 3D Studio Max Developer

I am recruiting for C++ Programmers with experience in OpenGL.

Ref: VP1- 63862
Skills: 2-3 years commercial experience of C++.  Solid understanding of 3D
Studio Max and OpenGL
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Agency: Cliveden Recruitment plc
Contact: Leigh Burdenuik

Excellent salary and benefits

You could be at the cutting edge of games development

This is a fantastic opportunity to work within the games industry

2. Help: modem, inet-string

3. 3d studio max and OpenGL

4. CD CREATOR 2.0 Image files

5. Wanted: OpenGL, 3D Studio Max Developer

6. Macintosh P R O L E M ! ....Help

7. 3D Studio MAX import utility for C++ for use with OpenGL

8. ACCEPT MAJOR CREDIT CARDS !!!!!!

9. Lightwave 3D 5 - Character Animation and 3D Studio MAX 3 - Teach yourself book ebay auction

10. 3D Studio MAX Plugin Programming

11. 3D Studio Max Custom FPS levels