Update & a Thankyou!!!!

Post by k.fusc » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 07:47:05

Hiya!  How are you all?

Haven't been on for ages 'cos I've just been so darned busy.

Some of you will never have heard of me, but others (Like Mr Sloper) may
remember giving me advice on my games design portfolio recently.

Well, the good news is that it all paid off!  I spent 6 months really
building up my portfolio, putting together a very in-depth game design.
Well, a few ppl were impressed enough to offer me a job.  So I'm back in the
games industry!! yay!

How happy am I?  On a rating of 0-10, about 2000!
I've been there for one month and so far, it's a dream.  My lead really lets
me run with ideas and never puts me down or stifles me.  I've got a great
1st project - not too ambitous, yet high profile enough to be known.  I'm
not allowed to say what it is as the publishers haven't even anounced it
yet!

So anyway, I'm not here just to yell about how lucky I am, I wanted to say a
HUGE THANK YOU to the folks on here!  You ppl really helped me with some
great advice.  I took most of it and have finally been given the opportunity
i've been waiting all my life for.

Your advice made my design so much better and it showed that I could do the
job even though I had no work related design experience.

My advice to anyone who wants to get on/in the industry is to listen to
advice of ppl already in it.  Whilst sometimes it may seem like BS, it's
often not!!
We're in a cut throat business and I'm only just starting to learn how to
keep my mouth shut.

Thanks again y'all.

I'll try not to be a stranger, but the last few months have been a
rollercoaster.
I've also had to deal with some tragic news, but that's not for these
forums...

Take care,

Luigi.

Update & a Thankyou!!!!

Post by drewi » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:57:39

 Congratulations. It's always great to see someone getting a break and going
for it.

You're right about listening to ppl with experience too. Some of the advice
may seem odd or even counter intuitive, but there's reasons for doing things
that way, (most of the time anyway   :-). This business is like that , you
never stop learning, it's part of the fun.

Have a Hoot
Drewid

Update & a Thankyou!!!!

Post by k.fusc » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 06:54:41

I'm just starting to learn that!!
:0)
and thanks for the congrats.

Quote:> Congratulations. It's always great to see someone getting a break and
going
> for it.

> You're right about listening to ppl with experience too. Some of the
advice
> may seem odd or even counter intuitive, but there's reasons for doing
things
> that way, (most of the time anyway   :-). This business is like that , you
> never stop learning, it's part of the fun.

> Have a Hoot
> Drewid

Update & a Thankyou!!!!

Post by Tom Slope » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 08:02:03

Quote:>and thanks for the congrats.

Sorry, meant to. My belated congrats too.

Tom

1. книга c\с++

нужны
линки на subj
(не visual)по
программированию
сокетов и
для
написания
софта для tcp\ip
и вообще
для сети(!!!не
локально-вычислительных).
ответы
кидать на

2. HELP:WIA driver causes extra white borders

3. &&& Moles and Mazes &&&

4. Cannot post to noticeboard ?

5. مثففشق

6. A3000 SCSI Controller

7. учебник по с\с++

8. SCSI Drives

9. help - LoadBitmap fails (returns 0) - THANKYOU!

10. An Awesome Big Thankyou to these Helpful People!

11. thankyou but still one question

12. Thankyou Ralf Christen and Mike Labosh

13. 推荐一个C++论坛 (C++探路者) http://cpp.aosee.com/