Alcatel SpeedTouch USB

Post by Steve Sherma » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 06:33:51

I am running windows 98 SE and use a Alcatel 4060 modem PPPoA
connection.
Am trying to switch to a Speedtouch USB modem.
Got it working on my Redhat Linux partition but cant get working in
Windows.
The SBC Express CD that came with the speedtouch keeps trying to setup
rfc1483 instead of PPPoA.  Obviously that doesn't work very well.
I have contacted the manufacturer and so far they have been no help.
I have contacted SBC-Pacific Bell and they have been no help.  In fact
they say this modem will not work for PPPoA.
I know that to be untrue as I have it working PPPoA in Linux.
Anyone have a copy of the original disk that came with this modem from
the manufacturer?  If so could you make a image copy that I could ftp
and burn a copy.
Or,  anyone using this modem with windows 98 SE and PPPoA that knows how
to get it to install correctly please let me know.  I do have a copy of
the driver upgrade from the manufacturer website, but it just complains
of no Phonebook.ini and when I give it the one from SBC it once again
installs only 1483.
Sorry if this is the wrong group, but seemed like the only one close to
my problem
Thanks for any help.
Steve Sherman