PAP problems

Post by Bill Parke » Fri, 27 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> I am having trouble connecting to my ISP from Linux. I am able to connect
> from NT, but I just can't get the Linux config to work. I am attempting to
> connect using PAP, as my ISP suggested, but I seem to get stuck when pppd
> sends the PAP AuthReq packet and the other end fails to send back any kind of
> response. If I am configured to send  an incorrect account and/or password
> the other end does return a 'failed login' response right away. Note: i've
> changed my account/password in the log dump for security reasons.

if you don't mind running X, i would suggest the use of XISP, which is a
lot
like dial up networking under 95/98/NT and takes all the guesswork out
of it...

-Bill

PAP problems

Post by James Carlso » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> I am having trouble connecting to my ISP from Linux. I am able to connect
> from NT, but I just can't get the Linux config to work. I am attempting to
> connect using PAP, as my ISP suggested, but I seem to get stuck when pppd
> sends the PAP AuthReq packet and the other end fails to send back any kind of
> response. If I am configured to send  an incorrect account and/or password
> the other end does return a 'failed login' response right away. Note: i've
> changed my account/password in the log dump for security reasons.

That looks like an ACCM (asyncmap) problem.  Try turning up kdebug;
you should see lots of packets dropped due to FCS errors.

--

IronBridge Networks / 55 Hayden Avenue  71.246W    Vox:  +1 781 372 8132
Lexington MA  02421-7996 / USA          42.423N    Fax:  +1 781 372 8090

1. ppp pap problem

I know this is very simple...

I'm configuring a dial-up isdn connection to my ISP. Its using PAP
authentication and they want to authenticate my router, but they don't
provide authentication back to me.

My config appears to be fine except for the ppp authentication stuff. When
I dial up with debugging on I see the message: "PPP Serial0: No remote
authentication for call-out".

How do I do it?

Here's the relevant parts of my config...

hostname asnauk
username asnauk password xxxx

interface Serial0
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer in-band
 dialer string xxxx
 dialer-group 1
 no fair-queue
 no cdp enable
 ppp reliable-link
 ppp authentication pap callin
 pulse-time 1

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

Mark

2. Web Explorer and multithreading (Was Re: Free Agent under OS/2 ).

3. BitsurferPro Rev-L & PAP Problem(s)?

4. Delphi Query/Table filters and Oracle

5. Pap problem continued

6. Netgear RO318

7. pap problem

8. The Parent of the Parent

9. PAP problem with mgetty and Windows 98

10. PAP problems ...

11. PAP problem Linux to NT

12. PAP Problem...?

13. Netcom PPP PAP Problem