ppp wno't stop on Sun

Post by Bmec » Mon, 06 Mar 1995 00:22:15

I have ppp running on a Sparc 2 with 4.1.3. But after I disconnect and the
modem hangs-up, the Sun still thinks I'm logged-in and ppp won't die.

If I log in with a dumb terminal, the Sun exits properly.  Can anyone
help?

ppp wno't stop on Sun

Post by ad.. » Sat, 11 Mar 1995 02:26:10

> I have ppp running on a Sparc 2 with 4.1.3. But after I disconnect and the
> modem hangs-up, the Sun still thinks I'm logged-in and ppp won't die.

> If I log in with a dumb terminal, the Sun exits properly.  Can anyone
> help?

It would appear as though you have "ttysoftcar -y ttya" active, or, your
ppp startup options do not include the "modem" parameter.  Check the "modem"
parameter to make sure its included.  See the man page for details.