Pap problem continued

Post by alain tamde » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 04:18:58

Moreover,
If I decide to use the diffrents flags available in vxworks for configuring
inside configAll.h
Do i need only to set the PPP_OPT_NO_PAP to 1 or I do need Also to set
PPP_OPT_REQUIRE_PAP to 0???
I other words, do theses two options need to be set in order to enable PAP
in the PPP server ?? if so they must be setto which value respectively (1or
0)

Thank in advance,...

Pap problem continued

Post by Bill Unr » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 06:02:16

]Moreover,
]If I decide to use the diffrents flags available in vxworks for configuring
]inside configAll.h
]Do i need only to set the PPP_OPT_NO_PAP to 1 or I do need Also to set
]PPP_OPT_REQUIRE_PAP to 0???
]I other words, do theses two options need to be set in order to enable PAP
]in the PPP server ?? if so they must be setto which value respectively (1or
]0)

What operating system? What version of ppp?

Pap problem continued

Post by David Lindaue » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 05:40:10

hi,

my reading of this was that set OPT_NO_PAP to 0 unless you want your server to
not ask for PAP authentication at all.  I set that and OPT_NO_CHAP to 1 because
I wanted them to be able to get past PPP negotiations before being challenged
with a password.  (I'm using it in conjunction with the password protection in
WindWeb).

I assume if you set OPT_REQUIRE_PAP to 1 it will always cause it to ask for a
PAP password, even if you do not have a secrets file set up.  But if it can
find a secrets file it will probably ask for PAP regardless of the setting of
OPT_REQUIRE_PAP.  Just a guess...

It looked like there is also an option for you to not use a secrets file at all
and use the system passwords (available at all the other login prompts).  Don't
know how well this works in practice.

BTW the correct specification for a secrets file name is "/ata0/secrets.dat";
make sure you have the quotes in the right place and that you have the slash at
the beginning.  Also don't start PPP until you have mounted your hard drive or
there will be problems.

David

> Moreover,
> If I decide to use the diffrents flags available in vxworks for configuring
> inside configAll.h
> Do i need only to set the PPP_OPT_NO_PAP to 1 or I do need Also to set
> PPP_OPT_REQUIRE_PAP to 0???
> I other words, do theses two options need to be set in order to enable PAP
> in the PPP server ?? if so they must be setto which value respectively (1or
> 0)

> Thank in advance,...

1. What does it mean: "PAP: Failed request for PAP credentials."

I get this message when trying to log in to a remote ACC congo:

   PAP: Failed request for PAP credentials.  Username XXX

XXX is the name of the cisco.

I interpret this message as coming from the cisco, not the congo,
is this correct?

The cisco uses tacacs for usernames and XXX is in tacacs.conf.

When the congo dials up everything is fine, but not when the cisco
dials up.

I have tried setting "callin" after "ppp authentication chap pap".
I use dialers in the cisco.

Thanks for your time!

2. Teleport Gold II/RAM Doubler conflicts?

3. PAP only authenticates first user in pap-secrets

4. HP 895 Driver

5. force pap on a pap/chap router?

6. *** Boxes of Amiga Hardware, Software & Books *** ************************************************************ (If this is not the appropriate newsgroup, pls let me know!!! I am new to internet) I am in Huntington Beach, California. Sometime after Jan

7. DLSw Problem Config Files (Continue Last one)

8. The IDE keeps locking my Managed C++ assembly

9. DLSw Problem Config Files (Continue)

10. DLSw Problem Config Files (Continue again)

11. Telnet problem - continued

12. routing problem continues ...

13. Continuing 2501 Flash Problems