Connection speed over modem with pppd

Post by Gregory J. Tumbu » Wed, 18 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hello All,
  Does anyone know how to find out what speed I'm connecting at thru
my modem using pppd?

Thanks,
Greg

Post by Arijit Sengup » Wed, 18 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: Hello All,
:   Does anyone know how to find out what speed I'm connecting at thru
: my modem using pppd?
:

Try out the pppdial package from linux.ucs.indiana.edu:/pub/linux/ppp

It reports the speed at which you are connecting. (might need some
tweaking, since it is designed for the IU dialup system).

Jit.
--
  _|_|_|_|_|  _|_|_|  _|_|_|_|_|    |  There cannot be a crisis next week,
      _|        _|        _|        |  My schedule is already full.

1. Modem Speed,Connection Speed

Hello,
I have bought a motherboard ( Elite, P6-SET ML) recently and assembled a
computer, the motherboard is All in one, it includes Graphic , Sound ,
Modem(56K) and networking, using Pentium II 400, 64 MB of RAM, ( the
graphic card uses 8MB of the RAM of the Computer), 13GB of HD, running
Win 98.
Every thing is working fine except modem connection speed, when I
connect to the
Internet  the Throughput speed is maximum of 33 kpbs, ( most of the time
18k- 28K) I have another computer (PII 266), with 56K ISA US Robotic
modem, and most of the time the connection speed is 115kpbs, I don't
know what I did wrong , I have already changed the motherboard but the
result is the same, I have e-mailed the problem to the technical support
on their web site ( http://www.ecs.com.tw/) but no answer yet.
To mention that I have a friend who has the same model motherboard (he
bought it few months earlier), same CPU, except he put more RAM on his
system( around
96MB), and has connection speed of 115kpbs, I even tried my computer in
his place using his ISP but the result is same, I just can not figure it
out, what is wrong.
To mention that he has lots of applications in his computer and I have
only Win 98, and using MS internet Explorer as browser.
If you know what is wrong, please help me.
Thanks,
Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. TI C5402 DSK CODE COMPOSER INSTALLATION HELP?

3. succeeded in logging last modem speed with pppd

4. Unknown Query types

5. MSN & Wireless/Wired Home Network & an iPaq

6. Linux pppd and modem speed

7. FS: WebRamp 310i Modem Server

8. How to capture modem connect speed with pppd and PAP?

9. voice-overs

10. Non internet modem to modem connection speed

11. Modem init string help and ways to speed up your modem connection dial up network networking

12. pppd doesn't terminate when modem connection drops