Tunnelling PPP via telnet or ssh

Post by Doug Siebe » Tue, 11 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I have a Linux box at home and want to tunnel PPP through ssh (telnet would
be good enough for now for testing purposes)  I can't figure out how to
start up PPP in this way.  On the remote side I'm running iij-ppp on an HP-UX
machine, it can listen on a network port and therefore I can telnet directly
to it.  But there isn't any obvious way to make this work with the PPP used
on Linux which cannot work without a tty.  Any suggestions?

--
Douglas Siebert                Director of Computing Facilities

If you let the system beat you long enough, eventually it'll get tired.

1. telnet via ssh on 2501

Hi there,

Is it possible to configure my cisco 2501 ,telnetting via ssh?Right
now,i'm opening the telnet port over LAN using hub.I'm worried that
someone might sniffering the packet.

thanks.

maher
--
Maher Adib , Malaysia France Institute (MY)

Advocates: www.OpenBSD.org | www.Linux.org | www.FreeBSD.org
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc | comp.os.linux.misc |
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Computer and Networking Technology Undergraduate | BSD/Linux Committer
Cisco Networking Academy Program : http://cisco.netacad.net

2. solstice client 3.x

3. help with PPP over SSH tunnel

4. Lex/Yacc Tools for Delphi

5. Running NT PPP over a TCP (ssh) tunnel?

6. Midnight Commander beta

7. A Problem with Telnet/SSH with PPP-connection

8. arnewsh 68K boards

9. PPP: SSH works; telnet, ftp don't - "frame" errors

10. ppp over telnet or ssh

11. Need to tunnel PPP through several telnet sessions

12. Tunnel with telnet and PPP?

13. How do I tunnel PPP throu telnet?