pap problem

Post by alain tamde » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 04:15:48

hi,
Iam trying to enable PAP authentication on my PPP server,
I tried to use the option file in witch I have specified require_pap  and
indicate the location of pap_file as "ata0"/papSecrets

in the secret file i putted
client  *
server  hub
secret   "password"

but when I tried to launch he server it still complain by saying that:
" Warning: secret files ?ata0/PapSecrets has world and/or group access"
"peer authentication require but no authentication files accessible"

can anybody help me with that ??
thank in advance..

pap problem

Post by Bill Unr » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 06:01:09

]hi,
]Iam trying to enable PAP authentication on my PPP server,

What operating system are you running this on?

]I tried to use the option file in witch I have specified require_pap  and
]indicate the location of pap_file as "ata0"/papSecrets

]in the secret file i putted
]client  *
]server  hub
]secret   "password"

Why did you put these lines into pap-secrets. How did you indicate the location of the pap
file? pppd does not have any such option that I know of, and the format of the pap secrets
file is
username servername password ipaddresses

albert * comingl878 *
would be an example for user albert and password coming1878.

(This is for ANU pppd. Maybe you have something else. What?)

]but when I tried to launch he server it still complain by saying that:
]" Warning: secret files ?ata0/PapSecrets has world and/or group access"
]"peer authentication require but no authentication files accessible"

Seems clear to me. The permissions on the file are wrong.
chmod go-rwx ?ata0/PapSecrets

1. ppp pap problem

I know this is very simple...

I'm configuring a dial-up isdn connection to my ISP. Its using PAP
authentication and they want to authenticate my router, but they don't
provide authentication back to me.

My config appears to be fine except for the ppp authentication stuff. When
I dial up with debugging on I see the message: "PPP Serial0: No remote
authentication for call-out".

How do I do it?

Here's the relevant parts of my config...

hostname asnauk
username asnauk password xxxx

interface Serial0
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer in-band
 dialer string xxxx
 dialer-group 1
 no fair-queue
 no cdp enable
 ppp reliable-link
 ppp authentication pap callin
 pulse-time 1

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

Mark

2. Can I share a printer that's really a fax modem?

3. BitsurferPro Rev-L & PAP Problem(s)?

4. Palm Install won't run

5. Pap problem continued

6. appletalk and ppp

7. PAP problem with mgetty and Windows 98

8. Anyone know of any good C++ tutorials?

9. PAP problems ...

10. PAP problem Linux to NT

11. PAP Problem...?

12. PAP problems