ppp-2.2: connection not 8-bit clean?

Post by Bria » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I am using PPP-2.2 with SunOS 4.1.3.

I get the error:

Connection Terminated:
Serial link is not 8-bit clean
All received characters had bit 7 set to 0

now, obviously this is telling me that my callout device
/dev/cua0 is not set to 8/n/1.  So how can I fix this?
I am using the ppp-on nd ppp-on-dialer scripts that
ppp-2.2 came with, thanks.

NetJAM Communications       Network Consulting          (318) 798-9324

1. ppp connection(Serial link is not 8-bit clean)

Runing pppd to connect to my Internet Service Provider fails after
connection (ppp0<-->/dev/modem).

Examining the log file says:
- pppd is sending the LCP request over and over without changing the
ConfReq id(=0x1)
- there is also the message: "kernel: ppp: frame with bad fcs, excess=<any
value>"
- and: "Receive serial link is not 8-bit clean: Problem: all had bit 7 set
to 0".

Supplemental information:
- The peer (spectraweb.ch) is running ppp software (eight data bits, no
parity, one stop bit).
- My machine: PC, modem E-TECH E56K RVP, Kernel 2.0.36, pppd 2.3.5
- Hardware flow control is explicitly enabeld in the chat-script (AT&K3)
- pppd speed is set to 38400
- pppd options are: modem, kdebug25, crtscts, defaultroute, noipdefault,
noauth, asyncmap0, noipx, novj, novjccomp

What is going wrong? Thank you for information:

Res Degen

2. Lords Of Chaos

3. Linux and PPP, problem with LCP-request timeout, not 8-bit clean?

4. angle plots

5. PPP: LCP ConfReq fails / not 8-bit clean

6. Games loaded on the hard drive.

7. Help: can not establich ppp connection, due to 'not 8 bit clean'

8. When is DR/2 due?

9. Linux: not 8-bit clean?

10. Help: Serial Link not 8-bit clean!

11. Problem : 8-bit not clean.

12. Receive Serial Link is not 8-Bit Clean

13. link is not 8-bit clean