? remote control via remote node

Post by Sharon Kochanowi » Mon, 30 Jan 1995 03:44:44

I am tring to do remote node via remote node. Here is how i think
it should work: I am using novell's vlm's, Shiva's ipxodi drivers
and to provide a PPP connection. On my remote PC I have OceanIsle
Remote Control Software for the network and at the Host machine I
have the same software. When I dial into the Shiva Box I get a
remote node connection. Next I try to login to the Host PC. I
exchange logins but never get all the way in. Is anyone out there
doing this sort of thing now?

Post by Ken Culbe » Sat, 04 Feb 1995 10:57:35

> I am tring to do remote node via remote node. Here is how i think
> it should work: I am using novell's vlm's, Shiva's ipxodi drivers
> and to provide a PPP connection. On my remote PC I have OceanIsle
> Remote Control Software for the network and at the Host machine I
> have the same software. When I dial into the Shiva Box I get a
> remote node connection. Next I try to login to the Host PC. I
> exchange logins but never get all the way in. Is anyone out there
> doing this sort of thing now?

Is the host machine on a Novell network?  Can your dial-in machine logon
to the Novell network?  Can you communicate with the host machine via
Novell's message utility?
Maybe it's a timeout problem.
--

Funk Software, Inc.   http://www.funk.com
222 Third Street      voice: 617 497-6339

1. netware connect - remote node vs. remote control?

I'm new to the world of Netware Connect so I someone could answer a
complex question simply I would appreciate it.  Connect was configured
in my office to use Stac's Reachout for Remote Control connections.  In
working with dialup users I have seen the draw backs of this type of
service - the main one being accessing the local client hard drive when
connected, file transfer has to be used.  Has anybody worked with both
types of connections and what are your opinions of both - pros/cons?

2. Cavo 2.6 & ReportPro 2.11

3. ISDN and remote node control

4. help on using ViewState to redraw dynamically created controls?

5. (Still) can't reach remote Cisco via MOP remote console

6. Bad floppy drive or controller?

7. Help: Remote controlling an RS-232 instrument via modem

8. remote control via modem by modem

9. remote control via network

10. Remote Control via U.S. Robotics ISDN????

11. OT Req info need a server/client program to remote control a comp via LAN