SLIP or PPP for 386V.4

Post by Jim Shirref » Fri, 04 Dec 1992 05:18:38

Hello ,
        On my home system  486/33 runing Consensys  V4.03, I would like
to be able to ftp, telnet , use interactive X etc. What is the best way to do this
leased line, dialup SLIP, PPP.  Also is thre ANY documentation around that will
help me to implemant a SLIP/PPP network.

        Thanks in advance

Jim Shirreffs

SLIP or PPP for 386V.4

Post by Tim Eva » Mon, 07 Dec 1992 02:04:09

>Hello ,
>    On my home system  486/33 runing Consensys  V4.03, I would like
>to be able to ftp, telnet , use interactive X etc. What is the best way to do this
>leased line, dialup SLIP, PPP.  Also is thre ANY documentation around that will
>help me to implemant a SLIP/PPP network.

Most SVR4 networking package contain SLIP; certainly Dell's does, as I
use it every day.  Did you buy the Consensys networking add-on?
--
UUCP:           {rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!wb3ffv!fallst!tkevans

Tim Evans       2201 Brookhaven Ct, Fallston, MD 21047

1. - EZ SLIP/PPP/TCP Guide.sit.hqx [00/10] EZ SLIP/PPP/TCP guide (FOR REAL)

This guide is really only of interest to those of you out there that are
attempting to set up a SLIP or PPP account for the first time using an
Internet Service Provider (ISP) in order to run awesome client software
such as Netscape, Newswatcher, Anarchie or Eudora via a modem dial-up
connection on their Mac

This is an simi-finished version of Version 2.01 created in the very cool
DOCMaker v.4.1.1 stand alone file format. You do not need anything other
than a Mac to read this document, though a color screen wouldn't hurt

The previous version recieved positive response in its text form, I am
hoping the new one will be even handier.

My quest now is where to upload the file. If you have any thoughts on ftp
archives that accept incoming files, or other uploadable areas, please
contact me.

If you are unable to extract the binaries included in this message and
have access to AOL, the guide is posted in the "Mac Comm" area under "New
Files and Free Uploading"

Here are some select email quotes in regards to version 1.01:

"Your Installation Guide is by far the most thorough and jargon-free

"Your Mac/SLIP/NetscapeGuide is wonderful! I wish so much that I had come
across it before yesterday, before buying a big, very generic Internet
guide and spending hours wrestling with things on my

"I struggled for weeks to get on the Internet with Mosaic and later with
Netscape. I crashed so many times, I lost everything on my hard disk.
Without your guide, it would not have been possible.

2. Help with MPTN

3. - EZ SLIP/PPP/TCP Guide.sit.uu.1 [00/01] EZ SLIP/PPP

4. WLBS configuration with SSL

5. HELP: PPP/SLIP via term server w/out PPP/SLIP support?

6. Exchange of shares

7. PPP or/and SLIP via term server w/out PPP/SLIP support?

8. A530 - changing to 68030 (non EC)

9. SUN 3 - PPP/SLIP, PPP -> SLIP?

10. PPP from PC to sparc, {was Help!, SLIP/PPP over modem gateway...}

11. PPP vs. TCP/IP vs. UUCP vs SLIP/PPP???

12. SLIP slips