Driving 'canned' QNX Windows apps.

Post by new » Thu, 09 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

Is it possible to 'drive' a canned QNX Windows application
(canned == exe only) from another application ?  What I want to
do is to send the application window events 'faking' real user input,
e.g. button clicks, drags, keyboard hits or whatever, and make the
application react as if the user was driving it.

I have tried the simplistic approach of filling events with what
should be stuffed in for a certain action (QW_CLICK, for example)
and sending the event to the app. via a PutEvent(), with no success.

I tried becoming the owner of windows and pictures the application
owns (by means of WindowOwner, PictureOwner), setting the 'writable
by anyone' flag "W" on both, returning the ownership of windows and
pictures to the application, and sending event with no success
either.

When my application owns winds & picts, I am able to receive 'real'
events directed to the application.

Is this intrinsically impossible ?  If not, could someone please give
me any clue on how to do it ?

Thanks in advance,

--

  VFlops.
  Servicios Especiales de Computacion.  Modelado de Procesos.