Stupid Newbie Can't Boot

Post by Jerry Bo » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi folks,
I downloaded and installed the Windows version of the QNX install.
When I try to boot, it detects the cdrom on the motherboard ide
channel, but neither of the hard drives on the Promise Ultra33. Since
it can't find its files, it wanders off and locks up.
Is it possible to make everything get along, or do I need to just wait
for a new release with more hardware support?

System:

BCM sq594 motherboard
AMD K6 233
64M ram
Mitsumi cdrom on motherboard ide
Seagate 6.4G,
IBM 8.4G on Promise Ultra33
S3 Virge video w/2M
Generic Yamaha 724 soundcard

Thanks,
Jerry

Stupid Newbie Can't Boot

Post by Steve Tomkin » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00

: Hi folks,
: I downloaded and installed the Windows version of the QNX install.
: When I try to boot, it detects the cdrom on the motherboard ide
: channel, but neither of the hard drives on the Promise Ultra33. Since
: it can't find its files, it wanders off and locks up.
: Is it possible to make everything get along, or do I need to just wait
: for a new release with more hardware support?

Unfortunately we don't support the Promise Ultra33 at
this time.

: System:

: BCM sq594 motherboard
: AMD K6 233
: 64M ram
: Mitsumi cdrom on motherboard ide
: Seagate 6.4G,
: IBM 8.4G on Promise Ultra33
: S3 Virge video w/2M
: Generic Yamaha 724 soundcard

: Thanks,
: Jerry

1. Driving 'canned' QNX Windows apps.

Hello,

Is it possible to 'drive' a canned QNX Windows application
(canned == exe only) from another application ?  What I want to
do is to send the application window events 'faking' real user input,
e.g. button clicks, drags, keyboard hits or whatever, and make the
application react as if the user was driving it.

I have tried the simplistic approach of filling events with what
should be stuffed in for a certain action (QW_CLICK, for example)
and sending the event to the app. via a PutEvent(), with no success.

I tried becoming the owner of windows and pictures the application
owns (by means of WindowOwner, PictureOwner), setting the 'writable
by anyone' flag "W" on both, returning the ownership of windows and
pictures to the application, and sending event with no success
either.

When my application owns winds & picts, I am able to receive 'real'
events directed to the application.

Is this intrinsically impossible ?  If not, could someone please give
me any clue on how to do it ?

Thanks in advance,

--

  VFlops.
  Servicios Especiales de Computacion.  Modelado de Procesos.

2. Event handling speed image vs button

3. Stupid, stupid, stupid....

4. Large Fonts in Internet Explorer ?

5. Stupid stupid stupid

6. Explanation of a lacheck error

7. newbie's question: dual boot nextstep and NT

8. BLOB fields

9. newbie question: Can't boot from SCSI hard disk

10. It's not bad canned meat...

11. 'installboot' and 'boot' source code

12. Can't boot from OS/2 boot manager!!