PCMCIA (PC Card) Network card setup woes

PCMCIA (PC Card) Network card setup woes

Post by D. Shi » Tue, 19 Dec 1995 04:00:00

howdy y'all :)

I have QNX 4.22 installed on a Texas Instruments TravelMate 5000 and
I'm trying to set up my pcmcia network card (a Socket EA+, Revision E).

Does anyone *happen* to have a sysinit set up that works?

I've had it set up before (about 6 months ago) after much difficulty and
the QNX partition suddenly crashed and that was when i realized that i did
not have any of the system setup files (sysinit.X, pcmcia.X, pcmcia.cards...)
saved somewhere apart from the laptop :(

So i'm in the process of trying to resetup the network, but i think i'm
missing something somewhere...

The sysinit has these lines:
Pcmcia.cirrus -a3e0 -i5 -v&
sleep 2
PcmciaBeep &
Net &
sleep 2
nameloc &
sleep 2
netmap -f
sleep 2
Net.ether1000 -i11 -p300 -6 -R -v &

I've gone through many different combinations of port addresses and
interrupts but i still have no luck.
With each interrupt/port modification, i've been making changes to
pcmcia.cards.

The machine is setup up as node 2 and my netmap contains 2 entries.

The only files i've messed with are:
sysinit.X
pcmcia.cards
netmap
hosts

am i overlooking something?

thanks in advance for any insight you people may have :)

D.

--
=-=   what was the name of Lucifer's red twin in Battlestar Galactica?   =-=
| D. Shire, IRC and USENET *       | eat slugs. drink tears. cry wolf.|

1. PCMCIA (PC-card) Ethernet Card for QNX 4.2x

Hi:
        Does anyone have the model number of a PCMCIA card for Ethernet that
does work with QNX?
Thanks,
Barry

                        Click, Click, Comment

to make suggestions, commments, complaints and feedback FAST to
thousands of organizations worldwide via

                        http://www.sugbox.com

2. dos print

3. Trying to get RTL 8139 PC CARD network card working

4. Looking for a font that contains a hexagon

5. 3Com 3C574-TX Ethernet pcmcia card setup

6. Epson stylus 820 problem

7. PCMCIA Network Card for NS ?

8. Tomb Raider backup copy works..but...

9. PCMCIA - Network Card and OPENSTEP 4.2

10. 3com pcmcia network cards

11. PCMCIA network card's ethernet address, how to get ?

12. To Kees J. Bot: Notebook network cards (PCMCIA probably).

13. Laptop network PCMCIA card