Xircom IIps PCMCIA Ethercard Support

Post by Way.. » Tue, 31 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Any hopes for this?  I already own it, and would rather not have to
purchase another.

Suggestions/help appreciated?

Post by Cheyenne T. Greator » Tue, 31 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>Any hopes for this?  I already own it, and would rather not have to
>purchase another.

No help.  It's not supported.  The only PCMCIA Ethernet card that I've
been able to get to work is an NE2000 compatible one.  The one I use
is a LinkSYS.  Now that QNX officially supports some of the 3com
chipsets, they may support a 3com PCMCIA Ethernet card if it uses the
same supported chipset.

-chey

+----------------------------+---------------------+
|   Cheyenne T. Greatorex    | WordStock Inc.      |
|     Programmer/Analyst     | 69 Grove St.        |
| Computer Geek/Hardware God | Watertown, MA 02172 |

+----------------------------+---------------------+

"Life's a poker game with a crooked dealer, and I'm bluffing my way
through on a busted flush."

Post by Derek Leac » Wed, 01 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Any hopes for this?  I already own it, and would rather not have to
> purchase another.

> Suggestions/help appreciated?

I was told that that card uses a proprietory chipset, and
this is the reason it is not supported.  Best bet is to grab
a NE2000 card (hardware enforced).  Doesn't look like
there are plans to incorporate the Xircom anytime soon.

DL

1. Driver problem with PCMCIA Xircom CreditCard ISDN CI-EURO

I need the Drivers for a PCMCIA Xircom CreditCard ISDN CI-EURO.
Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
The drivers that I have keep on coming up with a Code 10 error -
Windows could not start the device. (Including the built in drivers in
Windows XP).

Thanks!

Seven

2. 1.3 lib/ibm_pc/prtso.s missing

3. Xircom CEM28 PCMCIA dongle - in which other Xicrom card it works?

4. Graphics card

5. MS Workgroups for WIndows, Thinkpad 750 + PCMCIA Xircom

6. X-term over modem

7. Xircom Pcmcia Ethernet+Modem Card

8. Registry problems - advice requested.

9. Pcmcia xircom

10. XIRCOM pcmcia CEM2 card

11. xircom ps-ce2-10 pcmcia

12. DOS-Boot-Diskette für Xircom PCMCIA-Karte

13. FS: Xircom PCMCIA Ethernet card 10/100