Netmap & 2 PCMCIA network cards...

Post by Barry Millma » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Lee:

    The standard -- and pretty much successful -- response to this is to use
automap.  I don't know the website for it, I am sure someone can respond with
it.

(I have no connection with the automap folks.)

Another way would be to start Net on the new machine and pass it the netmap
parameters for any existing node.  Your new machine will talk to that node, and
that node's Net will add the mapping information into its INTERNAL mapping
table.  Using netmap to access that node's internal mapping will get you the
info for your new card.  This would have to be done by all the nodes on the
network.

Barry

--
QNX Training at Your Desktop...with Your Success Guaranteed!
          http://www.igetitnow.com

1. PCMCIA (PC Card) Network card setup woes

howdy y'all :)

I have QNX 4.22 installed on a Texas Instruments TravelMate 5000 and
I'm trying to set up my pcmcia network card (a Socket EA+, Revision E).

Does anyone *happen* to have a sysinit set up that works?

I've had it set up before (about 6 months ago) after much difficulty and
the QNX partition suddenly crashed and that was when i realized that i did
not have any of the system setup files (sysinit.X, pcmcia.X, pcmcia.cards...)
saved somewhere apart from the laptop :(

So i'm in the process of trying to resetup the network, but i think i'm
missing something somewhere...

The sysinit has these lines:
Pcmcia.cirrus -a3e0 -i5 -v&
sleep 2
PcmciaBeep &
Net &
sleep 2
nameloc &
sleep 2
netmap -f
sleep 2
Net.ether1000 -i11 -p300 -6 -R -v &

I've gone through many different combinations of port addresses and
interrupts but i still have no luck.
With each interrupt/port modification, i've been making changes to
pcmcia.cards.

The machine is setup up as node 2 and my netmap contains 2 entries.

The only files i've messed with are:
sysinit.X
pcmcia.cards
netmap
hosts

am i overlooking something?

thanks in advance for any insight you people may have :)

D.

--
=-=   what was the name of Lucifer's red twin in Battlestar Galactica?   =-=
| D. Shire, IRC and USENET addict       | eat slugs. drink tears. cry wolf.|

2. lcc bug?

3. IBM ThinkPad & PCMCIA card & Kermit

4. Unrecognized devices on SCSI bus

5. PCMCIA Network Card for NS ?

6. Cannot Set a Working Folder from the Command Line

7. PCMCIA - Network Card and OPENSTEP 4.2

8. Why would I want DDNS?

9. 3com pcmcia network cards

10. PCMCIA network card's ethernet address, how to get ?

11. To Kees J. Bot: Notebook network cards (PCMCIA probably).

12. Laptop network PCMCIA card

13. PCMCIA network card problem