Problem installing qnx on hp vectra VL/5 166/Mhz Pentium PC

Problem installing qnx on hp vectra VL/5 166/Mhz Pentium PC

Post by Eyjólfur Gislaso » Tue, 03 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I have just got a brand new HP Vectra VL5/166 Mhz Pentium PC and want to
install QNX on it. I can't get the QNX-boot diskette to boot on this
PC. I have however no problem of booting with this diskette on hp vectra
VL2, VL3 and VL4 systems.

Does anyone have any sugestions to solve this problem ?

Eyjlfur Gislason
Landsverkfr?eingurin
(Department of Public Works)
Tinghsvegi 5
FR-110 Trsavn
Faroe Islands via Denmark

WWW http://www.lv.fo/

Post by Przemyslaw Bazarni » Tue, 10 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> I have just got a brand new HP Vectra VL5/166 Mhz Pentium PC and want to
> install QNX on it. I can't get the QNX-boot diskette to boot on this
> PC. I have however no problem of booting with this diskette on hp vectra
> VL2, VL3 and VL4 systems.

> Does anyone have any sugestions to solve this problem ?

> Eyjlfur Gislason
> Landsverkfr?eingurin
> (Department of Public Works)
> Tinghsvegi 5
> FR-110 Trsavn
> Faroe Islands via Denmark

> WWW http://www.lv.fo/

If it's the same kind of problem I faced: QNX hangs during the boot
from floppy (the dots just stop to appear) then disabling the external
and
internal CPU cache may help.

--
Przemyslaw Bazarnik
ComArch SA           <http://www.comarch.pl>

1. VxWorks - 166 MHZ Pentium Faster Than 400 MHZ Pentium II

I am using an PC platform as my target environment.  The application is being
developed using Ada.  The compiler vendor is Green Hills.

I used WindView to do some timing benchmarks for our system.  We have a test
application that we are using to do some of the timing analysis.  Here is some
of the data that we recorded in our analysis.

   166 MHZ Pentium Execution Times.              400 MHZ Pentium II

INT 0 Processing - 14 microseconds.          INT 0 Processing - 19 microseconds

Test App         - 2.9 milliseconds.         Test App         - 3.9 milliseconds

We have written no code regarding INT 0 processing.  There isn't any kind of
disk I/O involved.  Network traffic involves communications with the Tornado
host that is required for WindView.  In other words the test app does no I/O and
does no network communications.  All it does is crunch on numbers as it does
floating point calculations.  Each system uses the exact same network card as
well.  Thanks in advance for all comments regarding why these numbers are coming
out like they do.

2. SAS simple question

3. NSFIP For HP Vectra VL Series 3 (Pentium) PC?

4. ISA slot access in GCC?

5. PUEDE QNX 2.XX Y REALFLEX 1.3 CORRER EN UN PENTIUM 166 MHZ

6. ---- Please HELP ME ---- R11, R12 or R13

7. HP Vectra XU 90 Mhz Pentium & Matrox MGA PCI /2+ problems

8. Attn: Beneficiary,

9. Problem booting new installation of QNX on HP Vectra VL/5 w/ 2.5 Gb IDE disk.

10. HP Vectra VL Pentium, Phoenix BIOS, won't partition a Seagate (COMPAQ) harddrive

11. USB modems requiring a Pentium 166 or 200 mhz CPU

12. BRAND NEW INTEL/PENTIUM 166 MHZ FOR ONLY $950

13. Pentium 166 MHz Benchmarks ???