Network interface card installation

Post by AKUS » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have this Fast Etherlink XL 3C905B-TX ethernet card and want to install this
card on my QNX system.
I plugged it in and edited the sysinit.1 file
Net &
Net.ether905 &
I still cannot ping a windows 98 system. What do I need to do to get it pinging
the other machines?
I set the IP address and everything.
Can someone please send me a step by step instructions to install the card.
I really appreciate your help.
Kind Regards.

Network interface card installation

Post by vbo.. » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have something like these commands in a script to start my network.

# start the net driver
Net &

# start NIC driver
# note had to get beta version of driver from QNX
Net.ether905 &

# start Socket
/usr/ucb/Socket p 1 mypc &

#setup network interfaces
/usr/ucb/ifconfig lo0 localhost up
/usr/ucb/ifconfig en1 10.1.1.20 up

To check interfaces & routing use:
netstat in
netstat rn
Ensure that all processes are running by using ps command.
In this example you will only be able to ping computers on the same
subnet (10.1.1).
Ping is usually stopped at firewalls so that's maybe also why you can
not ping sometimes.
To access other networks use the route command.
Can specify individual paths but its easier to use default routing.
For example, if 254 is gateway on subnet, use:
        route add default 10.1.1.254

Vince

Quote:> I have this Fast Etherlink XL 3C905B-TX ethernet card and want to
install this
> card on my QNX system.
> I plugged it in and edited the sysinit.1 file
> Net &
> Net.ether905 &
> I still cannot ping a windows 98 system. What do I need to do to get
it pinging
> the other machines?
> I set the IP address and everything.
> Can someone please send me a step by step instructions to install the
card.
> I really appreciate your help.
> Kind Regards.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Topin » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have this Fast Etherlink XL 3C905B-TX ethernet card and want to install
this
> card on my QNX system.
> I plugged it in and edited the sysinit.1 file
> Net &
> Net.ether905 &
> I still cannot ping a windows 98 system. What do I need to do to get it
pinging
> the other machines?
> I set the IP address and everything.
> Can someone please send me a step by step instructions to install the
card.
> I really appreciate your help.
> Kind Regards.

Hi
1) Did you correctly installed QNX TCP/IP software ?
2) Did you started the Socket on the QNX machine ?
We need more information...
Good Luck
Bruno