questions about Tandy PDD

Post by Crusade » Fri, 11 Mar 1994 03:36:25

I noticed that on the portable disk drive that goes with the 100/102/200
it uses an RS-232 cable.  Can you access this drive on any computer that
has an RS-232 port?  If so, what commands do you invoke?  Can you use a
terminal program to do this?  Anyone who can provide any information
would be appreciated.

-J-

questions about Tandy PDD

Post by Ted Swi » Sat, 12 Mar 1994 09:16:52

Quote:> I noticed that on the portable disk drive that goes with the 100/102/200
> it uses an RS-232 cable.  Can you access this drive on any computer that
> has an RS-232 port?  If so, what commands do you invoke?  Can you use a
> terminal program to do this?

There's a software product, Lapdos II, available from Club 100 which
enables your PC to read, write, and format Tandy M100 family disks.  I'm
not sure exactly how it works, but I suspect it simply configures the COM
serial port for the appropriate baud rates, and sends commands and receives
data in the appropriate way.  Someone teased out what the commands are, but
it's probably less agravation to order Lapdos for $39.  Club 100 is at
(510) 939-1246 BBS modem, (510) 932-8856 voice, P.O. Box 23438 Pleasant
Hill, CA  94523-0438.
--

"Error can point the way to truth, while empty-headedness can only
lead to more empty-headedness or to a career in politics"

1. PDD-1 Clone Question

Hello,
Does anyone know if the PDD-1 disk drive is a clone of the Brother FB-100? I'm looking for a  FB-100 disk drive with no luck but can get my hands on a PDD-1.
Thanks for any help,
Chris

2. VC 4.1, templates and namespaces

3. Wanted: Tandy PDD-2 Disk Drive

4. Client Access - RECV - question on downloading....

5. PDD and PDD2 managers for Tandy 102

6. Most Efficient Way for "Auto-Sorting" a ListView

7. Problems with Tandy PDD

8. Palm mystery????

9. Need utility disk for PDD-1 (tandy)

10. Read/Write Tandy PDD disk in IBM drive?

11. Tandy PDD info request