TRS-80 Model 4 keyboard (need)

Post by Bruce Toml » Mon, 12 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Need a Model 4 keyboard.  I don't know how many varieties there were,
>but mine has a keypad to the right with 3 function keys.  Please e-mail
>with price.  Thanks.

They all do.  However, the black piece comes out, too, so it doesn't
really matter.

I found a couple of original (cassette, no disk controller) M4's at flea
markets for <= $10, and bought them just for their Model I/III style
keyboard.  What's amusing is another one from that same school district
dump is sitting in a thrift store, priced at 200 bucks by some clueless
idiot.

The three variations I know of are, in presumed temp*order:

Original Model I/III style (with function keys, of course)
Model 4 arrow-cluster style with "Back Space" key (71 keys)
Model 4 arrow-cluster style without "Back Space" key

So does anyone out there have a BROKEN 71-key "Back Space" keyboard?  I
have one with 3 missing key caps and 4 broken key mechanisms.  This
keyboard is similar to the old Mac/Mac Plus keyboards in that it uses
individual key mechanisms, and is therefore rebuildable.  Then I can
rebuild one good one from two bad ones.

TRS-80 Model 4 keyboard (need)

Post by Jim Kauppi » Tue, 13 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Follow-up to my previous post...

I need a Model 4 keyboard with the arrow keys but no backspace key.  If
anyone has one or an old "junk" Model 4, e-mail me with price.  Thanks.

TRS-80 Model 4 keyboard (need)

Post by barr » Wed, 14 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: I found a couple of original (cassette, no disk controller) M4's at flea
: markets for <= $10, and bought them just for their Model I/III style
: keyboard.  What's amusing is another one from that same school district
: dump is sitting in a thrift store, priced at 200 bucks by some clueless
: idiot.

There's one in a pawn shop near me for $395.  Interesting thing is a few
months ago he had 2 of them for that price.  Claims it sold for full price.
I do know he's got one of the few pawnshops that won't negotiate.  So
maybe he did.

I guess theyre worth what you can get for them.

Barry

TRS-80 Model 4 keyboard (need)

Post by Bruce Toml » Fri, 16 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>There's one in a pawn shop near me for $395.  Interesting thing is a few
>months ago he had 2 of them for that price.  Claims it sold for full price.
>I do know he's got one of the few pawnshops that won't negotiate.  So
>maybe he did.

That $200 one disappeared, to be replaced by one with two disk drives and
some disks for $90.

Something wierd is going on at that store.  Overpriced electronics stuff
is disappearing a week or two before it reaches half-price.  I've noticed
that before with some overpriced Atari 2600s, but I can belive people are
stupid enough to buy a junker 2600 with no games for 25 bucks.  I can't
believe it with a $200 cassette Model 4 with no disk controller.

I probably would have bought it if it were ten bucks, but so it goes.

1. Needed: TRS-80 Model II Keyboard & Boot Disk

Does anyone have a spare TRS-80 Model II keyboard, boot disk, or manuals? I
got one of these wonderful systems today, along with the disk expansion
cabinet, but no keyboard, disks, or manuals. It seems to work fine, but
without a keyboard or software, I can't do much with it. Any help is greatly
appreciated!

2. Smalled features

3. TRS-80 Model 1 Manual + Keyboard :-)

4. se-500 kb limitations

5. NGA TRS-80 Model 4 Keyboard

6. Linkwise - no synchronisation with Groupwise 5.5

7. TRS-80 Model II keyboard available...

8. I need a copy of ISO 9660

9. Wanted: TRS-80 Model IV Keyboard

10. Wanted: TRS-80 Model 4D keyboard

11. TRS-80 Model 2000 keyboard