PowerSecretary and the iMac

Post by Joseph Senec » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Contrary to some other facts out there, I just had a very good test of
> PowerSecretary on the iMac.  However you can't use the microphone that
> came with PowerSecretary.  I have been using the Andrea 600, which is
> arguably a better microphone anyway.

> The only problem is that for it to work you have to turn off virtual
> memory and Apple talk.

Thanks. That gives me hope that it might work on my Blue & White G3 that
should be ariving next month.

Some things that have helped the stablity of PowerSecretary for me:

Turn off QuickTime, this also disables Sherlock :-(

Turn off PlainTalk, it's on the web site, and did seem more stable
afterward.

Avoid using the command/control features (selecting menus, and pushing
buttons). These usually work, but can lock up PowerSecretary.  Using
alternate applescript commands for these helps.

Joseph Senecal
Senecal's Custom Programming

1. PowerSecretary/VoiceNavigator info?

I'm researching voice-recognition software for Macs and have read about
PowerSecretary from Articulate Systems, based on technology from the
VoiceNavigator input products. Does anyone have a contact phone number
and/or address for Articulate Systems of Woburn, MA? I'd appreciate any
leads.

Thanks in advance,

Buena Vista College
Storm Lake, Iowa

2. BOOKMARKING SOFTWARE-Browser independent.

3. ISDN Help with PC-IMAC to DUAL IMAC

4. Query based on Processor Speed.

5. Compression Rates for Digiboard IMAC & Dual IMAC

6. Does that playstation Emu REALLY WORK ?

7. MSN V2 (UK) ands Internet Mail

8. Net games in DJGPP?

9. Netmeeting ands several participants

10. HP100lx outfit on ebay ands at 1PM PDT 10/15 (currently $102)

11. ANDs and ORs

12. Units ands positioning

13. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT