Dynamically Positioning the cursor within a field?

Dynamically Positioning the cursor within a field?

Post by Jonath » Thu, 29 May 2003 22:54:24

I am reading a server log file into a editbox field on a uniface form
on which I have put a refresh button.

Once the log file has grown to a length which exceeds the size of the
multiline/wordwrap editbox I get a vertical scroll bar. This is all
fine, however, I would like (when I hit my refresh butoon) to have the
cursor set at the end of the field, so that I can effectively "Tail"
the log file.

Anyone know of a command or method?

Uniface 7.2.06/Win 98

Regards
Jonathan

Dynamically Positioning the cursor within a field?

Post by Phil Youn » Fri, 30 May 2003 01:20:49

Jon,

Have a look at the "Structure editor functions" in your Quick Reference
Guide (or whatever documentation you have).

There is one called ^LAST_TEXT which moves the cursor to the end of the
text field.

You use these functions using the Macro command

e.g.

macro "^LAST_TEXT"

You'll have to set focus to your text field first, which you can do with
^PREV_FIELD, ^NEXT_FIELD etc.

HTH

Phil

Post by baruch barshale » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:44:09

Jon,
As far as I remember ^LAST_TEXT workes only on unifields.
Make your field widget properties auto select = "T" and the cursor will move to the end of text (but it also will select the whole field)
Baruch