HELP : looking for a good program name

Post by K D Rigot » Sat, 01 Dec 1990 00:17:42

My final year project is a distributed whotsit that looks after your diary,
arranges meetings with other people's whotsits, tells you when your whotsit
has a meeting booked that you are going to be late for if you don't shift
yourself .... etc,etc. It's basically a diary manager but just for the hell of
it it has no centrally stored data or any central control so does everything
by message passing and distributed searching type stuff ...

... thats the background. Now, what do I call it? I've been trying to find the
name of a god of timekeeping or something along that line but nothing
appropriate has popped up.

Does anyone know of a god/titan/etc that got split up for any reason?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance
[email replies will be acknowledged if UK but I can't mail abroad :-( ]

Kevin
----------------------------
"Information makes the world go around, money just oils the bearings"

HELP : looking for a good program name

Post by Steve J Lac » Sat, 01 Dec 1990 01:21:36

kdr> My final year project is a distributed whotsit that looks after your diary,
kdr> arranges meetings with other people's whotsits, tells you when your whotsit
kdr> has a meeting booked that you are going to be late for if you don't shift
kdr> yourself .... etc,etc. It's basically a diary manager but just for the hell of
kdr> it it has no centrally stored data or any central control so does everything
kdr> by message passing and distributed searching type stuff ...

kdr> ... thats the background. Now, what do I call it? I've been trying to find the
kdr> name of a god of timekeeping or something along that line but nothing
kdr> appropriate has popped up.

How about Chronos ?

kdr> Kevin

Steve.
Steve J Lacey, Systems Group.      (In my opinion, my opinions are just that.)
Department of Computing, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine,
180 Queen's Gate, London SW7. Phone : 071 589 5111 x5085, Fax : 071 581 8024

                --- All lines lead to Mornington Crescent ---

1. Looking for a good drum synth program....

I am looking for a drum synth prog that I can use with Sonar or Acid Pro and
that uses sampled sounds as opposed to sythectic...

I need to be able to notate and have complex patterns that sound
realistic...   including, ghosting, and dynamic variation.

I am new to all of this so would welcome and and all feedback...

Thanks..

Danny

2. Notes 4.5 and NNTP

3. Looking for a good speech program

4. Writing on Palm - pEdit vs. WordSmith?

5. Looking for a program for recreational sports programming

6. Problems installing IIS - missing files

7. looking for MIDI to CMF conversion program, please help.

8. Using lmhosts on a NT Network

9. Good news is good news, and bad news is good news!

10. A NOTE TO BESMIRCHERS OF MY GOOD NAME...

11. Help: DECwindows Motif 1.1.1 MWM help -where is it looking for help?

12. Looking for host naming standards