File Capture of VT-100 Terminal Session

Post by Chris Da » Wed, 31 Aug 1994 18:52:12

I have an instrument which does a POST (PowerOnSelfTest) to a VT-100.  I am
using MS Windows for the terminal emulation and capturing
the text in a receive file.  Interspersed among the meaningful
text though are all the control sequences that would be sent
to a VT-100 terminal.  Now the screen images are fine, but the captured
text has all the control sequences.

Does any one know how to filter out all the control sequences
that is captured by the file?  I would like to print out the file
without those sequences.  Thanks for your help.

I HAVE posted this to comp.os.ms-windows.apps.comm previously, but
received no answers.  I thought I'd try the DEC end.